Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Options
124»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I'd like to be a fly on the wall in that class! 
    You're in the class!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    ^^^^^^ And we saw that coming...it's still early Friday for most of us.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Now I wanna tell you a story. I'm gonna ask ya'all to close your eyes while I tell you this story. 

I tried, but when I closed my eyes the story stopped...

Phoenix 
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I feel dirty.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Options

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • RollTideRob
    Options
    thetrim said:
    wouldn't a chili spread be an open faced hot dog sandwich?
    As long as there weren't beans in it.  If there are beans in it, you can't call it chili spread.  
    so with beans its called chili, no beans its a chili spread =)
    A chili spread here is two pieces of white bread, two dogs sliced in half and covered in chili.
    Large, Medium

Heflin, AL
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    That must be a southern thing. I have never heard the term "chili Spread".
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Jstroke said:
    That must be a southern thing. I have never heard the term "chili Spread".
    Never heard the term.....chili spread 

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    I didn't see that broadcast but I'm willing to bet good money that Hillary is a $hit sandwich. Any takers?  
    This made me laugh out loud this morning my friend!
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Do bears **** in public restrooms?
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    This made me laugh out loud this morning my friend!
    I have my moments my friend ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    Chili spread sounds like something nasty out of a jar
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    @SGH said:    I didn't see that broadcast but I'm willing to bet good money that Hillary is a $hit sandwich. Any takers?     

Hard to argue with @SGH's assessment.  Remember "ABC". 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Chicago style dragged thru the garden....must be a sandwich, but who cares.  It is still good eats
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I saw frozen hotdogs on the Movie "Apollo XIII" in a space ship. Maybe they were the reason we never landed on the moon, certainly possible there was an effect on global warming, and likely made from Buffalo feet. I like tying it all together. Just one thing though the frozen hot dogs on Apollo XIII they had no bread or buns.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GATraveller
    Options

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    call them what you want to but call me when they are ready.....chili/slaw/mustard and no bark (onions)

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina y'all not ya'all. You need to get your redneck correct. 

chili spread must be like hot dog sauce which is equal to Texas chili which is in dire need of beans. 
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    chili is meat sauce with no beans or peppers etc.  Canned Texas Pete hot dog chili was big in the south till they quit making it this summer.  You could open the can up and the first 1/4" was nothing but grease....but made a outstanding add when she was heated up....course now that lobster roll - that's a whole nother ball game

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    pasoegg said:
    chili is meat sauce with no beans or peppers etc.  
    I can go either way about the beans, but peppers, grease and meat are the only requirements for chili.  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Isn't chili without beans just sloppy joes? 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

I blame the Hollywood script I cut and pasted from.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options

They always FVCK up redneck. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options

They always FVCK up redneck. 
    It takes considerable talent to speak proper redneck. Most folks just don't have it ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Y'all isn't true redneck. True redneck is when you can't understand a word that was just said to you. Like talking to someone that grew up in okechobee Florida 30 years ago.  
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Lit said:
    yes
    NOLA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    buzd504 said:
    Lit said:
    yes
    No, that's chili without beans and without any sort of faaking heat and very little grease.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• ads75
    ads75 Posts: 391
    Options
    I heard this response (paraphrased from the Dan Patrick Show) that I agree with.

If you have a roast beef sandwich, and take away the bread, what do you have...roast beef. If you have a turkey sandwich and take away the bread, what do you have...turkey. Same with tuna. If you have a hot dog (or burger) and take away the bun, what do you have...a hot dog (or burger). No one calls a hot dog with out a bun something else. Hot dogs and hamburgers aren't sandwiches.

And hot dogs don't have ketchup.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA