Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NC Egg Gathering?

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Can you use a grill in a state park? Istr some states require that you use only those pedestal mounted things provided by the park.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Well there goes the state parks option! (no alcohol)
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• Can you use a grill in a state park? Istr some states require that you use only those pedestal mounted things provided by the park.
    For sure you can.  The TN Eggfest was at a state park, though different states have different rules.  Anyway, the point may be moot.  
  • Pridnjoy
    Pridnjoy Posts: 130
    There is also the new Sierra Nevada brewery in Asheville. Beautiful location!
  • Pridnjoy
    Also, the Farmers Market has covered sheds. They have had bbq events there in the past. It's on Brevard Road in Asheville. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    edited November 2015
    Lets all meet in Asheville next week. Put your game faces on. I'm going to that campground @Jeremiah posted pics of a while ago, Campfire Lodgings (That is if they will answer their phone and have space for me)
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    @Thatgrimguy wait until they have an opening for a "premium" spot. As the standard ones are in the woods without a view. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Well there goes the state parks option! (no alcohol)
    Just to clarify...and forgive me if I am stating the obvious...but not all parks are state parks.  Some parks are owned by the city or county.  The list I sent previously I think are city parks.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Pridnjoy
    I can be in Asheville next week! Would love to meet up. An event there sounds great. Surely there are multiple locations that would work...
  • I'd be interested. Durham would be great. Middle of May would be ideal for me.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• Well there goes the state parks option! (no alcohol)
    Just to clarify...and forgive me if I am stating the obvious...but not all parks are state parks.  Some parks are owned by the city or county.  The list I sent previously I think are city parks.  
    It's a good point - thanks!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    John, the event, as far as the permits go, is a private party.  You're not advertising or charging the general public.   As far as they're concerned, it's your 42.56th birthday.  Those are the regulations to look at.  And it doesn't hurt to have a lawyer or two there, and fully informed on the situation to be the voice of reason.

• Can you use a grill in a state park? Istr some states require that you use only those pedestal mounted things provided by the park.
    For sure you can.  The TN Eggfest was at a state park, though different states have different rules.  Anyway, the point may be moot.  
    Henapple's Mid Tenn party was in a state park that forbade alcohol.  We were discreet and snockered.
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,871
    edited November 2015
    Henapple's Mid Tenn party was in a state park that forbade alcohol.  We were discreet and snockered.
    Thanks Fred.  Tony is a crafty dude!!!
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Our Pavillion set far enough back that I never worried.... I just kept pouring pbr in @theyolksonyou rambler. 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Pridnjoy said:
    Do they allow beer there? ;)
  • Pridnjoy
    Pridnjoy said:
    Ha. You know it! I'm sure they'd only allow THEIR beer however.

The place is huge with lots of outdoor space. Regardless of interest for an event there, it's worth the time to go check it out. Good food, plenty of beer and just a neat place to visit. 
  • Pridnjoy said:
    Pridnjoy said:
    Ha. You know it! I'm sure they'd only allow THEIR beer however.

The place is huge with lots of outdoor space. Regardless of interest for an event there, it's worth the time to go check it out. Good food, plenty of beer and just a neat place to visit. 
    I'm actually going to give them a call - why not?  It can't hurt to see if it's an option.  
  • Pridnjoy
    There are also many small summer camps that host retreats during the fall and spring. These would include cabin rentals and camping in addition to a venue to enjoy.

Hotels may also be a good option- we have been to several Corvette gatherings at hotels that involved cooking, beverages and other stuff that can't be repeated on a public forum.
  • NCSmoky
    NCSmoky Posts: 515
    New Belgium Brewery should be up and running by next spring, so that might be an option as well. Closer into town also.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    The Gods are gathering again. Should be something to see. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    SGH said:
    I sure hope when this happens you can make it. You were missed badly at Brisket Camp 2
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    piney said:
    SGH said:
    I sure hope when this happens you can make it. You were missed badly at Brisket Camp 2
    If y'all have it in May there is a real good chance that I can make it. April is a crap shoot my friend. And trust me when I say that I hated to miss it. I had a blast at the first one. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    It's going to happen! Got Sticker guy making fresh stickers for the event as we speak! 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • It's going to happen! Got Sticker guy making fresh stickers for the event as we speak! 
    Awesome Matt...That will look good next to my Hillary bumper sticker...  ;)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,024
    Lets all meet in Asheville next week. Put your game faces on. I'm going to that campground @Jeremiah posted pics of a while ago, Campfire Lodgings (That is if they will answer their phone and have space for me)
    Those pix were awesome.  So awesome that I currently have a tent and the Mini in my truck.  :) Heading up to Campfire Lodgings after work later on this afternoon.  I don't have a premium campsite, but can't wait for the nice hikes along with some R&R. Thx again to @Jeremiah for the inspiration.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    @JohnInCarolina  I would recommend that you refer to the event as the Carolina's Egg gathering... Just bustin on ya.  Perhaps in another thread, we could collect suggestions for a more formal name (not that anything is wrong with the present as it explains the effort well). Something like 

Let me know how I can be of assitance in any planning. Happy to work hotel room blocks or other logistics for ya. I have a beat on a great entertainer also if helpful.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jad said:
     If we wanted to try and keep it a little more towards the middle of the state like the triangle area maybe we can do something at the fair grounds? Same location they hold the NC state fair. I also believe there are a few egg dealers in the area that might help out in some way?
    The State Fairgrounds are open to many events all year long. How many here are in the Triangle? What about starting a NC Egghead meetup group for more exposure?

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    I'm in Hickory. Would love to participate and meet some of you good people!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone