Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Breasts

Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got my new egg assembled finally.....[p]I have some split chicken breasts ready to go. [p]My very first attempt at the egg. [p]I have seen various ideas of how to cook these (keep at 350 and cook 10-15 mins each side is what I have seen the most)[p]If i follow this method should I be alright. I would like for it to smoke a bit longer. Does that mean I should cook longer at lower temp? like 225?

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    toomsdpt,
    You should be able to get PLENTY of smoke on chicken in 20-30 minutes. Going lower and slower might result in RCS, Rubber Chicken Syndrome. I'd roast them at 350ish and maybe consider raising the temps to 450ish for a couple of minutes at the end to crisp the skin if you feel that is appropriate.[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz,[p]
    Thanks Whiz.[p]So should I flip them at the half way point in the Egg or is that not necessary.[p]When should BBQ be applied. Maybe with 5 mins left or so?[p]sorry for questions but I have company coming unexpectingly now and Im feeling pressure time wise?

• I haven't found the need to flip the chicken when I've done these.

As for the sauce, put it on during the last few minutes so the sugar doesn't burn.