Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Butt

Just wanted to introduce myself to everybody. I've had my egg for 2 years and done a many a beef tenderloin, steaks, spatchcock chickens galore, and too many skirt steaks for fajitas to count. This past Friday night I cooked my first butt on the EGG. I followed various posts for a couple days and put together all the information you guys provided(thank you by the way). I put a good amount of mustard on an 8 lb butt and rubbed it down really well Thursday night, threw her on indirect at 225' for 12 hours starting at 7pm and took her off at 7am at a nice 201' and FTC'd it for 8 hours pulling at 3pm. While pulling I could not get my 3.5 year old daughter to stop eating what I was pulling or my 2 year old son. My wife loved it which is always a plus. So thank you all fellow edgers for helping me cook a great meal for my family. Looking forward to many more butts.
Butt 

Myrtle Beach, SC

Large BGE, platesetter, cast iron grate, ivation meat thermometer

Comments