Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What's Your Latest Milestone?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Got a 4 out of 5 star review on one of my books from a barbecue magazine and I have no barbecue recipes in it????? It was listed next to Myron Mixons book for about a year though in the top 100 in the South category on Amazon.
    That's great - congratulations.  Name of cookbook?

Phoenix 
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Accelerating the mortgage payments and getting the house paid off.  Plan is to have it paid off before my 50th in 9 years and retire from the rat race.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    The book that got the review was Katherine's Southern Cooking.PM me your email addy and I will gift the Kindle version to you. Anyone else as well. I'll post if that's OK when I offer them for free, which I do on occasion. I have four books, each a little different content except for the last one which is a compilation of the first three ones. I also have paperbacks, which I will send to you. Your choice, just let me know.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Davec433
    Davec433 Posts: 463
    Options
    Daughter just turned 6 months and it looks like I'll be getting out of the Army in May. Looked forward to a change of pace!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Dredger  PM sent sister. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dredger
    Options
    PM answered. I hope you enjoy it! I gained a few pounds doing that one, lol. It's one thing to cook every day, it's another thing to cook everything in a southern food cookbook everyday. Not your everyday menu. I ate salads for month after that one.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SGH
    Options
    Dredger said:
     I ate salads for month 
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^would kill me ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dredger
    Options
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^would kill me

You may think differently after you read the book, lol. Each and every recipe has to be tested and proven. I think that one has 40 recipes and none of them are really low calorie. I guess it goes with the territory. I know a lot of fellow authors and the ones that do dessert cookbooks really whine about weight gain. You've got to test, adjust, test some more until it's perfect.

Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    Options
    2 years short of a 20 year military career.
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    SGH said:
    I started at work last night at 6:00pm and I'm still here. 15 hours straight and still going strong. Don't know if that counts as a milestone or not, but at my age it's got to count for something. Stupidity maybe??
    Shows a work ethic foreign to most in the younger generation.
    Well, we learned from the baby boomer generation. 
  • D1105
    D1105 Posts: 60
    Options
    I just turned 40 today  :s
    Derick
    Chicago
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • SGH
    Options
    D1105 said:
    I just turned 40 today  :s
    Happy Birthday young man. :joy: :joy: :joy:  I wish you many, many more to come.

Status- Standing by.

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I managed to keep Duke alive 11 months as of today. :)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    19 years of wedded bliss this last Monday, she has been granted sainthood twice now! I'm not sure there is another two time saint?
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    Griffin said:

I forgot he is almost 1. Hope you are getting more shut eye these days.

Now how about the homemade sausage, when is that starting back up?

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Hotch said:
    Griffin said:

I forgot he is almost 1. Hope you are getting more shut eye these days.

Now how about the homemade sausage, when is that starting back up?

Oh yeah. He goes to sleep at 7 and sleeps straight through the night. Usually until 6:30 or 7, although the time change has him a bit messed up.

Hopefully, I get a deer over Thanksgiving weekend and I can make some more. That or just some Italian sausage. Works been crazy and just haven't had the time like I used to.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Surpassed 5k forum points today!  Not sure if I should get the key chain or the corn holders.