Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do I align the top of my egg with the bottom of the egg.?

Options
Hi guys,
I just got done assembling my new extra large Egg and the top and bottom are offset about a 1/4" at the front.
Can I adjust the top by just loosening the top ring and re-aligning or or do I have to loosen both the top and bottom rings to get them to line up better..?
Thanks for any advice you can provide.

P.S. Do I even need to worry about a 1/4" offset.?

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    tkoehls said:

P.S. Do I even need to worry about a 1/4" offset.?
    Honestly you don't. My large BGE is worse than a 1/4 inch. Mine is due to the dome and the base not being the same size. As such, there is no fix for mine. With that said, I have cooked on mine for almost 3 years without any problems. Yours being new I can understand you wanting it to fit perfect for cosmetic reasons. But the 1/4 inch misalignment is not a issue at all. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    I saw this video awhile back. While I never needed to adjust mine it just might help you adjust yours. Good luck! http://youtu.be/71Jplxn4yAg
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.