Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - What's Your Latest Milestone?

Options

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    edited November 2015
    Options
    SGH said:
    JohnInCarolina said:
      Taxes really haven't been raised, not significantly, except on the ultra wealthy.  
    My brother, you know the above is simply not true. Obama is choking the life out of the upper middle class. As y'all already know, I try hard to stay out of political debates and politics in general. It usually leads to no good. As such, I will quietly stand down and sadly, go back to work. 
    Let's just focus on income taxes, because I'm guessing that's where most of your income comes from, right?

All of Bush's tax cuts were extended by Obama through 2012 - the first four years of his Presidency.  In 2013, the rates on the top 1% of income brackets were raised from 35% to 39.6%, which is where they were under Clinton.  That's it.  Lower brackets - really everything that anyone would consider middle class - weren't changed at all.  

This really isn't in dispute.  It was all part of the bipartisan fiscal cliff deal in 2013 that was all over the news.  I guess maybe you're just trolling here.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    JohnInCarolina said:
     I guess maybe you're just trolling here.  
    I would never do that. Never. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    JohnInCarolina said:
    You still 81?
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina, you are so right, degrees are another pathetic result of the current democratic convention, everyone gets a trophy.  I'm thankful that I have degrees from the university of Kentucky, the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Indiana University College of Medicine, the University of South Florida College of Medicine and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.  Of course, I was a slow learner and didn't earn any of them.  Thankfully I'm a voter, and a thoughtful one with those hand out degrees.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    Options
    He is? -Absolutely he is. It's a undeniable fact.

I'm breathing just fine. -I'm glad that is the case. Others are struggling and suffering though. 

You may have COPD, -Thankfully I do not  

and should see your PCP. -I have, and again, thankfully all was well other than a extreme case of being over worked and over taxed.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bgebrent
    Options
    Right.  So on a serious note, I was voted one of the ten best plastic surgeons in GA based on social media reviews.  Yup.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @JohnInCarolina, you are so right, degrees are another pathetic result of the current democratic convention, everyone gets a trophy.  I'm thankful that I have degrees from the university of Kentucky, the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Indiana University College of Medicine, the University of South Florida College of Medicine and Vanderbilt University School of Medicine.  Of course, I was a slow learner and didn't earn any of them.  Thankfully I'm a voter, and a thoughtful one with those hand out degrees.
    I think that's more schools than Sarah Palin attended!
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Right.  So on a serious note, I was voted one of the ten best plastic surgeons in GA based on social media reviews.  Yup.
    Congrats. That's awesome
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • SGH
    Options
    SGH said:
    JohnInCarolina said:
    You still 81?
    The correct response here would have been 89, not 81. You see, most of the times, the democrats have the numbers wrong. Even when it's just a joke. Never trust them young man. In the end you will get bit. They will take your money and laugh all the way to the bank while you are sitting in the poor house. They will tell you that they are taking 30% when in reality it's a different number. Just like the 89 and 81 above. I have to get out of this discussion. I try to avoid politics on the forum. 

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    Options
    Thank you @johnnyp.  @JohninCarolina, probably brother!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    SGH said:
    JohnInCarolina said:
    You still 81?
    The correct response here would have been 89, not 81. You see, most of the times, the democrats have the numbers wrong. Even when it's just a joke. Never trust them young man. In the end you will get bit. They will take your money and laugh all the way to the bank while you are sitting in the poor house. They will tell you that they are taking 30% when in reality it's a different number. Just like the 89 and 81 above. I have to get out of this discussion. I try to avoid politics on the forum. 
    Reality does have a well known liberal bias.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Do they have Yelp reviews on Duke professors? 
    Options
    @SGH, I brought this back around!  Don't give up yet brother!
  • SGH
    Options
    Brother don't let them goat you into the political debate. Be strong my friend ;)

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    LOL.  There is literally a site called RateMyProfessors.
  • SGH
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @SGH, I brought this back around!  Don't give up yet brother!
    I'm just bored at the moment. We are on stand by while they turn the ship around in port. I start babbling when I have nothing to do. It's always fun to stir the demos up. I live for it my friend. I honestly do it for fun. No ill intent at all. It's no secret that I'm good friends with Nola and he is a die hard demo. I love him just the same. I do the same thing on the BBQ Brethern forum. Only there it's the UDS guys I stir up instead of the demos. You have to be real careful over there though, they will ban you if they know you are doing it intentionally. 

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    Options
    Duke professors are prostitutes @nolaegghead, interviewed for them, only politics.  Spanked their candidate on paper but she was really pretty, blonde.  Can't match that!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Reconstructive or elective/cosmetic?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Duke professors are prostitutes @nolaegghead, interviewed for them, only politics.  Spanked their candidate on paper but she was really pretty, blonde.  Can't match that!

• bgebrent
    Options
    @JohninCarolina, as long as it's not Laetner I'm good my friend.  Yet again I'm well armed!  F duke!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    bgebrent said:

Greatest play in college basketball history.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @Eggcelsior, both.  I'm an Oculofacial plastic surgeon.  Ophthalmology background, facial plastic surgery fellowship.  I do both elective and reconstructive.
  • SGH
    edited November 2015
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    I'm an Oculofacial plastic surgeon.  Ophthalmology background, facial plastic surgery fellowship.  I do both elective and reconstructive.
    Could you do anything to help this one out ;) Think that there is any hope my friend?

Status- Standing by.

• bgebrent
    Options
    Nothing to work with there Scottie. Malpractice walking through the door!  Oh and no way to up her iq brother!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    If someone is two-faced, can you fix them so they just have one?
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    bgebrent said:
    I'm an Oculofacial plastic surgeon.  Ophthalmology background, facial plastic surgery fellowship.  I do both elective and reconstructive.
    Could you do anything to help this one out ;) Think that there is any hope my friend?

Wait until you see it on TV for eight years.
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @Eggcelsior, greatest coaching f up in college b ball history.  The play sucked...****!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @Eggcelsior, greatest coaching f up in college b ball history.  The play sucked...****!
    What was the f up?  Letting Laettner catch a ball thrown all the way across the court?
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @JohninCarolina, before I hunt your **** as down and plant a 9 mm in your head, just kidding.  You know the mistake was not gaurding the inbound passer!  Laetner was lucky as proven by his long nba career.  John, seriously I enjoy your input and I don't own one gun =)
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    I just hit my 30-year work anniversary with my employer. 
    Dave - Austin, TX