Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thoughts and Prayers for our Texas Eggheads

Options
Hope all of our Texas eggheads are safe and sound. It looks like a mess over there. 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Those poor ole boys in Dixie have been getting straight rain for over 36 hours as well. Still raining as I type this. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    But I agree, hope everyone is safe no matter where they are. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• platypusrex
    Options
    Thanks @DoubleEgger, 3 people died in the Austin area, I know at least 1 died in San Antonio. It was worse on the south side of town, we live north but still had flooding in the hood. It let up by the end of day Saturday.

I can't imagine the rebuilding a lot of those folks are having to go through, helps us all remember that it's just stuff. Hug your families, and thanks for praying for us and for the other areas getting hit. 

LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Prayers sent to those in need. Mother Nature has certainly showed her force a good bit lately.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Egghead_Daron
    Options
    @northGAcock it is amazing how often a quote from the Dead is fitting in life's challenging times. Your signature being one of those cases now.
    LBGE 2013, SBGE 2014, Mini 2015
    Columbus IN
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @northGAcock it is amazing how often a quote from the Dead is fitting in life's challenging times. Your signature being one of those cases now.
    Had forgotten about that sig.....I had put that there during the floods here in South Carolina about a month ago. So true though.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow