Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

APL Crown Roast of Pork

Options
I have been waiting for an occasion to try this recipe.  Currently on the egg, with a mixture of hickory and oak.  It brined for a few hours before going on.  Quite curious how this is going to turn out.  The cuts are filled with fresh Thyme.
Winnipeg, Canada

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    We usually do one on Thanksgiving. They turn out pretty darn good in my opinion. The biggest trick is don't over cook them or they wil be dry. Looking good thus far. Standing by for the finale.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Been waiting on an occasion to cook this one. Can't wait to see the outcome. Thanks for sharing. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    kthacher said:
    I have been waiting for an occasion to try this recipe.  Currently on the egg, with a mixture of hickory and oak.  It brined for a few hours before going on.  Quite curious how this is going to turn out.  The cuts are filled with fresh Thyme.

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Bring it home.... Can't wait to see finish
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    APL has some great methods. I really like the herb brush and board sauce for steaks. This cook looks fantastic!  Nice work :plus_one: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • kthacher
    kthacher Posts: 155
    Options
    Sorry about the poor focus on one of these.  This was a huge hit.  The glazed exterior was awesome.  Pulled at 140, to make sure it was not overcooked.  

Bonus picture.  From last weekend.  Tea smoked mallard ducks.  Guy at work shot them, and I used the Raichlan recipe.  Turned out well.  Used cherry wood, and a smoking pouch with black tea, orange peel, rice, cinnamon sticks and star anise.  
    Winnipeg, Canada
  • beteez
    beteez Posts: 548
    Options
    Was that the rack of pork brined in crab boil & glazed w/pepper jelly from/ SBBQ I have been wanting to try it.