Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT .... Best scary movie?

Options
jabam
jabam Posts: 1,829
Since it's Halloween, what's the best scary movie? I saw The Exorcist in the theatre when I was 12, couldn't sleep for months. 
Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"

Comments

• keener75
    keener75 Posts: 393
    Options
    I watched Jaws when I was 10 years old. 30 years later and I still get nervous swimming in "dark" water. I prefer backyard pools.
    St Marys, Ontario, Canada  LBGE
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    The Changling scared me.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • jabam
    Options
    keener75 said:
    I watched Jaws when I was 10 years old. 30 years later and I still get nervous swimming in "dark" water. I prefer backyard pools.
    Ditto...you won't catch me in the deep ocean!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • jabam
    Options
    WeberWho? said:
    Never saw this one...gonna have to give it a look. 
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    South Carlolina football game
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I was going to say the Exorsist. But I believe the **** above is even scarier than little Regan. I would much rather deal with a demon than a democrat. A demon just wants your soul. A democrat wants your soul, your money and your freedom. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• wbradking
    Options
    For me its The Shining.
    Franklin, TN
    Large BGE+PSWoo2
  • jabam
    Options
    wbradking said:
    For me its The Shining.
    Ya forgot about that one....redrum!!
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    Poltergeist.
    I have to admit, though, that I like scary movies, but not gory or violent ones (I walked out of Scarface after the shower/chainsaw scene).  There was a remake of the original Frankenstein movie that scared the hell out of me, but I don't know the name of it.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• jabam
    Options
    Botch said:
    Poltergeist.
    I have to admit, though, that I like scary movies, but not gory or violent ones (I walked out of Scarface after the shower/chainsaw scene).  There was a remake of the original Frankenstein movie that scared the hell out of me, but I don't know the name of it.  
    I agree, I'm not into the blood and guts.  Did like Scream though!
  • SGH
    edited November 2015
    Options
    As far as watching for enjoyment, I have always been a huge fan of the Friday the 13th movies. Brother Voorhees really does a great all around job. As far as what movie is the scariest, the Exorcist is the clear winner. I don't scare easy at all, but that made my skin crawl.   

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    edited November 2015
    Options
    When I was a kid the Wizard of Oz scared the hell out of me. I still get the creeps with those flying monkeys.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Begger
    Begger Posts: 569
    Options
    Jack Nicholson ::  The Shining

Easily one of the most frightening movies ever made.    Stanley Kubrick was one HECK of a film maker.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081505/
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Alien
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Jesus Camp
    Options
    As a child, my brothers and I would line up on the couch with a blanket and cover our eyes at the scary scenes in the old Dracula and Werewolf movies with Lon Chaney and Boris Karloff. As an adult,The Shining gets my vote.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    When I was a kid the Wizard of Oz scared the hell out of me. I still get the creeps with those flying monkeys.
    Oh, good call!  But it wasn't the monkeys that scared me, it was the tornado.  Spent quite a few episodes in the basement shower stall with my family during tornados, and when you're six and you see your parents frightened, that leaves a mark.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Pet cemetery. That cat and that kid....
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Amityville Horror
    NOLA
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    jabam said:
    WeberWho? said:
    Never saw this one...gonna have to give it a look. 
    @jabam It's worth checking out. It's a pretty twisted movie and based on a true story 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • SGH
    Options
    TigerTony said:
    Wizard of Oz 
    A timeless classic. I'm 50 years old and still love this show. 

Status- Standing by.

• AintEZbeingme
    Options
    Halloween
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    The Silver Bullet freaked me out as a teenager. I have a love/hate relationship with all things Stephen King.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • LDR
    LDR Posts: 414
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I always enjoyed The Exorcist and Ghost Story, but it's Exorcist III with George C. Scott that always gets to me (especially the nun with the shears).