Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

!!Dizzy Pigs Wins Danville!!

WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
edited 12:12AM in EggHead Forum
24th Ribs
6th Chicken
4th Brisket
2nd Pork[p]Highest score overall (674.857) of 46 teams to take Grand Champion.
Winner of the Governor's Cup for highest scoring Virginia Team.[p]This was their first competition since Chris's house fire and they said it was a pretty emotional ceremony..... congratulations to Chris, Kenny and Andy!! [p]John[p]

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Congrats Guys!!!!![p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • The VirginianThe Virginian Posts: 275
    WooDoggies,
    They're baaaaaaaaaacccckkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh ya baby! Couldn't have come at a better time to a nicer bunch of guys. Congrats![p]Brett

• WooDoggies,[p]Right On...[p]Dizzy Pig Rocks !!![p]Congrats !!!

• DarnocDarnoc Posts: 2,661
    The Virginian,
    Great job!! Show those southern boys how to cook.Well done Chris. Time to offer stock options.Best of luck.

• hayhonkerhayhonker Posts: 576
    WooDoggies,
    Oh YEAH! that's what I like to hear. Congratulations guys, way to spin things up in the home state.

• AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    WooDoggies,[p]That is awesome news!!![p]Big congratulations to Chris & the crew!
  • WooDoggies congrats. way too pull yourselves from out of the ashes.to putting your knees in the breeze, and your chin in the wind, and WINNING.J.C.
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    WooDoggies,
    someone should tell them that rumor has it the egg is just an 'ok' smoker...[p]man
    those guys are tearing it up on the bbq circuit. congrats to chris and the gang.[p]we did some tsunami spin shrimp last night 'old bay' style. and i have a monster ny strip coated with cowlick ready to go.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • WooDoggies,
    way to go dizzy dudes!!!!!!!! . ....it was a good day for northern virginia eggers, that's for sure. ... .

• HolySmokesHolySmokes Posts: 446
    WooDoggies,[p]thanks for updating us. that's a fantastic score,
    Grand Champs, again, no less.[p]Congrats DP![p]HolySmokes

mad max beyond eggdome,
    brisket ain't so damn easy either, man. congrats to you too.[p]that's somethin!

• EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    WooDoggies,
    Congrats to a great group. Well deserved accolades.

XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • SmokeySmokey Posts: 2,468
    WooDoggies,[p]That's some great news. Way to go DP Team. I'm just happy to say I know them![p]Smokey
  • WooDoggies,[p]Big-time congratualtions guys...that has to feel good after a not so good start to the spring season.[p]Larry

• eggoreggor Posts: 777
    WooDoggies,[p]Great!!![p]If I ever get over to the eastcoast I would consider it an honor to have a taste of your teams 'cookins'!!![p]Scott

darnoc,
    jeez
    if virginia means those other guys are 'southern', what's that mean for us poor bastids up in massachusetts?

• RRPRRP Posts: 19,333
    ...and the beat goes on...CONGRATS, youse guys!

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • SqueezeSqueeze Posts: 707
    Congrats to Chris and the Posse! Hopefully we will be seeing you in KC in October![p]-Kevin
  • smokinsopsmokinsop Posts: 180
    eggor,
    Lucy and her daughter arrived today. Nice, thanks a lot. I'm about as far from Sioux City as you can get and still be in Iowa. Thanks again

• Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,432
    WooDoggies,
    Congrat's Dizzy Pig on your big win! I'm tipping a beer in your direction.
    Clay

• egretegret Posts: 4,064
    WooDoggies,
    That's great news! It couldn't happen to a more deserving team and we're most happy for all of you!

• The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    WooDoggies,
    Let me add my congratulations! What a wonderful reward for Chris's hard work![p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • djm5x9djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    WooDoggies:[p]Thanks for sharing their successs![p]Chris, congratulations to you and your team for being focused and showing them who rules!

• WooDoggies,[p]Thanks for sharing these results.[p]DizzyPig rocks. Chris, congratulations to the DP team. [p]Paul
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    WooDoggies,[p]That's FANTASTIC! Congratulations to a great team![p]Tonia
    :~)[p]

• BabyBoomBBQBabyBoomBBQ Posts: 702
    WooDoggies,[p]Boy, this does my heart good! Great to hear they are back in the saddle again!
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    WooDoggies,
    Add us to the list of well-wisherz! Congrats, Chris, and all the Dizzy Pigs![p]Ken & Diana

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,960
    WooDoggies,
    Wow. Must be the rubs he uses! What were they again? ;>)

• JimWJimW Posts: 450
    WooDoggies,
    Congrats Chris!!! Great show
    Jim

• CornfedCornfed Posts: 1,324
    WooDoggies,[p]Yee-freakin'-haw! Great job, Dizzy guys![p]Cornfed