Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Torrance,CA

Options
I'm new to the Torrance area. Does anyone know a store where I can get lump coal and smoking wood from?

Comments

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Walmart and Home Depot, at least on the east coast, carries Royal Oak. 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I haven't been in Torrance since the mid 90's. I use to work at the Exxon/Mobil Refinery when it was just Mobil. There was a huge Pelican center there back then. If it's still there (I'm sure that it is) it's well worth checking out when you have time. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yes I do! The ONLY place you want to go to is The Woodshed in Anaheim. It's a 45 minute round trip, they have everything you could possibly need, they stock a full line of BGE's along with accessories, Weber, Big Poppa smokers, wood (inquire about the Harry Soo special) they also have BBQ classes thru out the year.They are right behind Angel Stadium.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • bakoque
    Options
    I've been using Lazzari Mesquite Lump that is available at Orchard Supply Hardware. There is one at the Torrance Promenade.  I'm 100 miles north of you and pay $9.99 for 20 pound bags.