Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cracked egg

Options
I recently discovered a small crack in my large egg, its right above the bottom vent. I emailed photos to big green egg and im getting very slow response. my fire box has been cracked for a long time so I also sent those pictures. they said fire boxes are back ordered and they will be getting a delivery in November. and they would send me a new one. they said nothington about the crack in the bottom piece of my egg. I resent the email asking about the crack and haven't received a answer. is this common.

Comments

• bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    Why not pick up the phone and call them?   Or talk to you local dealer?

Hope that helps
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    Don't know where you are, but there is a large in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area where he has a busted top.  Could be a good deal for you if you cannot get something resolved through BGE. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    bge wants you to go thru your local dealer, call the dealer and ask if pics are enough for them, they will have paperwork that needs to be filled out
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    In Connecticut, dealer told me to email big green egg first. I will try to call them. If they want I will take it apart and bring it to dealer
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    jscarfo said:
    In Connecticut, dealer told me to email big green egg first. I will try to call them. If they want I will take it apart and bring it to dealer
    ive had to do this as well, dealer doesnt know what they are doing. crack coming from the lower vent is how they usually crack and are covered
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I would call or email the dealer and remind them that it is their job to handle the warranty claim.   In addition I would call the mothership and let them know you are having trouble with the dealer. 

http://www.biggreenegg.com/support/warranty/

10. WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURE: A valid proof of purchase receipt from an Authorized Dealer will be required to make a Warranty claim. For Warranty support, contact the Authorized Dealer from which the item was purchased.

You may contact any Authorized Dealer if the EGG was purchased within the United States. For EGGs purchased in countries outside the United States, Warranty claims are handled by an Authorized Dealer or Distributor in the country of purchase.

Please refer to the INTERNATIONAL section of the BGE website at BigGreenEgg.com to locate the Authorized BGE International Distributor in your particular region. Warranty claims must be made through an Authorized Dealer or Distributor within the original country of purchase.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• jscarfo
    jscarfo Posts: 405
    Options
    yes I have the receipt I am going to call the dealer back. thank you for the quick responses
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    Yeah, I'd go to the dealer as well.  I tried to e-mail BGE one time with a really simple question and never got a response.  Just went into the black hole.  I called and had better results.  But I think they still want you to go through the dealer first for warranty stuff.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    My neighbor and teammate had that happen this summer.  Took pictures to our local dealer and got a replacement on the next shipment.  Definitely get with your dealer.  
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I registered my egg when I bought it and have since lost the receipt,  so when I had a cracked fire ring and had issues with the dealer, the mothership stepped in and took care if it immediately. All I had to do was email them a pic of the serial# (I guess this was optional but provided proof) and the cracked fire ring.
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Don't know where you are, but there is a large in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area where he has a busted top.  Could be a good deal for you if you cannot get something resolved through BGE. 

I've been trying to get that guy to come off of his price but he isn't budging.  In fact sent me an email saying he was "insulted" by my offer.  Started at 450, he's down to 350 now.