Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BEWARE Eggers...Mickey D has you on their radar!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,895
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    If they test market it in the south they'll get the proper findings.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Hell my family complains about pork from real BBQ joints...
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    I'd try it.  I ain't skeered 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    Options
    Note that they aren't launching it any place they know about good BBQ 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• clifkincaid
    Options
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I don't see me breaking my 8yr streak without  McDonald's for this.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Grillmagic
    Grillmagic Posts: 1,600
    Options
    They have the best fast food fries and coke, that's cola. I spend 150 days a year on the road and find my self there two or three times a year typically buying some $6.00 salad of the month and a diet coke.
    Charlotte, Michigan XL BGE
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Should I be scared?  Their breakfast sandwiches, especially the bacon-egg-cheese biscuit, are like crack to me.  Now they serve breakfast all day. I'm in big trouble.  Seriously, I like Macs and millions of people are just like me.  My pulled pork will always be better and I'm not worried about anything.  
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    McDonald's should stick to their strengths. Big Macs double cheese burgers  (as stated previously on this forum...my crack cocaine) and fries. Stay away from the que.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    They were actually hurting financially after trying to abandon their "kids" emphasis and become a "cool place to hang" for the teenagers (yeah, that worked...)
    Just two days ago I read that their stock is sailing, and it was credited to them: offering breakfast all day?!?!?   I really don't understand that.  
    I'll try the pulled pork, once.  I tried a "buttermilk chicken" sammich at BK (iirc) a couple weeks ago, no thank you ever again.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We had a McDonald's 200' from the pool in my college neighborhood. Can't tell you how many times I walked through that drive thru and got 15 double cheese and 15 Mcchic sand and fed all the drunks at the pool. Nothing wrong with it when your drunk and hungry unless your old and ornery.
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    I have to admit I'm on the road a lot. A grilled chicken salad no dressing and a black coffee. 280 calories. It works when I'm in a hurry
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    When my boss and I travel together...which is often we eat at Macs steakhouse some. He likes it but his wife doesn't know it. He's the smartest man i know and he says in his perfect PHD way "it's perfectly adequate".
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    Dies betrifft nur Eggers in der Schweiz                           
  • Steve753
    Steve753 Posts: 140
    Options
    If it's as bad as the McRib, it wouldn't be anything that I'm interested in.

Large Big Green Egg
    Weber Gold
    Old Smokey

San Diego, Ca
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I don't eat their swill, regardless of any marketing.  They could serve a big Mac between Scarlett Johanssen's boobs and I'd still have to think about it.  Probably not for long. Ok, maybe then and only then.
    Options
    They could serve a big Mac between Scarlett Johanssen's boobs and I'd still have to think about it.

If I'm served a sandwich between Scarlett's boobs, I can promise you the sandwich would not be what I'd be thinking about.  Heck, a used air sickness bag would go unnoticed.  

To your point though, I don't know how anyone who actually cooks can eat any of the cardboard served at micky d's.  I'd only consider myself an average cook, but the thought of a burger from there turns my stomach.

Phoenix 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    If they pair this pulled pork sammich with the McRib in a meal deal, they may have something!  The to go box could be shaped like Scarlet Johanson's boobs and they would sell out!
    Flint, Michigan
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i would be all for them going back to the styrofoam quarter pounder containers and using animal fat again for the fries. =)   those cardboard containers dry out the burgers big time, and the fries were never right again
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lewisj82
    lewisj82 Posts: 184
    Options
    I used to destroy some double quarter pounders when I was in high school, now the thought of it makes my guts turn. And now their "pulled pork". I wonder what they are using to make this with. 

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    I don't eat their swill, regardless of any marketing.  They could serve a big Mac between Scarlett Johanssen's boobs and I'd still have to think about it.  Probably not for long. Ok, maybe then and only then.
    Maybe then and only then????? Maybe????

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    The McDonald's ultimate combo combo that with a McRib and you got your self a plate of Chit if you ask me.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    The McDonald's ultimate combo combo that with a McRib and you got your self a plate of Chit if you ask me.
    What about to Scarlet Johanson boobie to-go box?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Maybe then and only then????? Maybe????
    There is no maybe...

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    The to go box could be shaped like Scarlet Johanson's boobs

@Fred19Flintstone

Fred, you probably shouldn't offer suggestions on happy meal prizes - you may get in some hot water.

Phoenix 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    If it tastes anything like their McRib sandwich, I'll pass. That thing is disgusting. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.