Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Me, My Friends, The Egg And An Eight Pound Butt Smoking In Virginia Beach

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Me and my good friend Henry (McKenna) fired up the egg last evening at 7 pm and put on an 8 lb butt. We took turns watching little humpty until a bit after midnight at which time the dome temp was still right on 200 and the polder read 150. This morning Joe an I checked in at 7 am and the dome temp had dropped to 150 - the polder still at 150. After some vent adjustments we have the dome temp back up to 210 and are anxiously awaiting the final product. Henry will be back over later this afternoon to help with the cole slaw, baked beans, macaroni / cheese and rest of the fixins. Then we'll be settling in for a long afternoon of college football - Tech vs Miami, Clemson vs FSU and Carolina vs Pitt before the big feed late afternoon. I find that controling the temperature on little humpty is much more difficult than on big humpty. And a couple times I have made the mistake of not filling initially with enough lump - I have learned from that mistake. If anyone has any advice on the ways of the small egg - I'd appreciate the advise. Also, I much enjoyed the article that Cat supplied on brining. I have not used the technique, but am gonna try the "Boulevard's Staff Turkey" recipe at Thanksgiving. If anyone has any advice on doing a turkey breast - brandname, brining, cooking times/temps whatever, please advise...I have done a couple, they were pretty good, but I think there's a lot of room for improvement....

Comments