Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT (sort of) - Goes w/ Chili??

2»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Came home last night to the wife making chili and some cornbread. It was the ticket! 
  • BEER!!...But doesnt it go well with everything?
     * couple wedges of jalapeno/cheese cornbread wouldnt hurt either
    STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS!
    GIVE ME OYSTERS AND BEER FOR DINNER EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR
     & I'LL FEEL FINE!

SW Georgia :  LARGE & MINI BGE

• Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    I can't find B&M here in the midwest at all. I eat it when I visit. 
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • probe1957
    probe1957 Posts: 222
    Cinnamon rolls. A Colorado tradition.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Chili nachos 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Give me a sleeve of ritz and a bunch of extra sharp cheddar and some hot sauce and I can devour a bowl of chili. 

Little Rock, AR

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,431
    Fritos.
    Fritosfritosfritos!!!
    On the side, sprinkled on top, mixed in, or underneath (Frito Pie as a couple have already suggested), or spooned into a Fritos bag (stable as an ice cream cone, but without the structure).  
    Fritos are the ultimate snack food (read the damn ingredient list on the bag).  

Fritos.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    +1 on cinnamon rolls with chili, however it's not popular or even understood anywhere else.   It's a Nebraska (and apparently Colorado) thing.  Even the schools serve chili like with cinnamon rolls.  The spicy chili pairs well with the sweet roll.  its the only way I've ever known to eat it.  

It it got me dead last in a chili cook off in Texas.  The judges thought I was nuts. 

@NPHuskerFL you're with me, right!?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    edited October 2015
    SaltySam said:
    +1 on cinnamon rolls with chili, however it's not popular or even understood anywhere else.   It's a Nebraska (and apparently Colorado) thing.  Even the schools serve chili like with cinnamon rolls.  The spicy chili pairs well with the sweet roll.  its the only way I've ever known to eat it.  

It it got me dead last in a chili cook off in Texas.  The judges thought I was nuts. 

@NPHuskerFL you're with me, right!?
    Grew up in northeastern colorado.  Tradition there I miss for sure.  Chili day at school, fundraisers, church all served with this combo.  Dang now I want some.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @SaltySam Yep I'm with you on that tradition. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL