Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday cook for F1 race

Options
I made a Picanha with coffee rub and a 1.5" ribeye. The family liked it.

Two zone cooking, reverse sear, first low at 250º until 115º internal, then full blast to charr outside.

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Certainly looks yummy, and something I would not turn down. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    PM1 First, nice looking steak. Man i could knock that back in a heart beat. Question for you....I don't know anyone who is a F1 racing fan. Living in the south (as I do) obviously NASCAR is big down here. I am not a race fan in general but have been to a few in my day. Back to the question....what draws one the the F1 racing? Is there a race in your city? Are you in a part of the world that this sport is more prominent? Share some background if you would.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • PM1
    PM1 Posts: 22
    Options
    PM1 First, nice looking steak. Man i could knock that back in a heart beat. Question for you....I don't know anyone who is a F1 racing fan. Living in the south (as I do) obviously NASCAR is big down here. I am not a race fan in general but have been to a few in my day. Back to the question....what draws one the the F1 racing? Is there a race in your city? Are you in a part of the world that this sport is more prominent? Share some background if you would.
    Racing, specially F1 has been part of Mexico sports for a lot of years.
    Even though racing in Mexico is not really big, currently we have one Mexican racing in F1 and next year we'll have two.
    The Rodriguez brothers were F1 racers many years ago, in fact in one week the F1 returns to Mexico after 23 years.
    I live in northern Mexico, so my closest race is Austin, TX, but I couldn't go this year to see the race that was held yesterday. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    F1, like most other Motorsport, does a lot more than turn left for 200+ laps around an oval raceway. It's the background to the race as well with such tight regulations and seeing manufacturers get the most out of the cars in light of them.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited October 2015
    Options
    F1 is the pinnacle of car races.  Cars cost 120 million and almost a half a billion people watch it on TV.  Nascar is a family owned business of racing slower cheaper cars and is just local to North America.

Edit 120 million to run a team behind the car
    Options
    It's like the Olympics vs the paralympics.
    Options

I have never been a fan of CRASHCAR, I do not see it as true racing. If you don't like the other driver, nock him into the wall, no big deal. No sportsmanship and tempers lead to fights, oh waaah!

In F1 the driver needs to brake, hit the apex and then accelerate, while keeping the car in 'balance'. 0 to 160kph and back to zero in 7 seconds. These cars turn both left and right in every race. They also race in the wet. I attended the Italian and San Marino GP,s in 1993, not great for spectators but a good time. F1 was primarily European but has expanded worldwide. And on and on I could go.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!