Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are your obsessions besides grilling?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    SGH said:
     I encourage you guys to keep you NRA membership up to date and donate to the NRA-ILA as you are able.

I agree brother Strick. Been a member for over 40 years myself. Been a life member for almost 30 years. Been a endowed life member for over 5 years. I give to the NRA frequently and in reasonably large amounts. Especially when a democrat wins the white house. Always have, always will. They are our only hope against the liberal gun grabbers and thug lovers. Of all my hobbies, guns is what i enjoy the most. 
    ALWAYS, my friend.  The dumbocrats want to take your ammo and I happen to have stock in ammo companies, that's the ONLY reason I would ever vote democrat.  (they seem to drive the price of product up, can't figure out why).  But man, those NRA guys know there stuff.  I will post tomorrow my commemorative NRA coin that decorates my tool box.  I am a serious member and love the organization.  I just need more guns, only have about a dozen.  Not enough to defend the family if there are a lot of big gangs attaking us.  More guns = more defense.  RIGHTGEOUS.  And I would like to thank god for the 2nd amendment.  He rules.
    Options
    @nolaegghead  Bored are you ;)
    You got to love guns and buffalo my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Church, republicans, woodworking, fishing, motorcycles, welding stuff together, reading books about stuff people are into, radiochemistry, cooking, physics, collecting stuff that occupies space, getting rid of stuff that occupies space, eating and cats.
    That was a crucial "and"
    Greensboro, NC
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Wheel Horse garden tractors (I have five), Troy Bilt tillers (two runners, three rollers), vegetable gardening, and hunting.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @DMW why not brisket camp? I have that vacation coming up in November - December. I would have loved to go, but can not take that much time off in one year.  Already went skiing in Jan, FL keys twice and a bunch of time on the boat. Had to save up for the November trip. 

Hoping to to go next year!!  
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @DMW why not brisket camp? I have that vacation coming up in November - December. I would have loved to go, but can not take that much time off in one year.  Already went skiing in Jan, FL keys twice and a bunch of time on the boat. Had to save up for the November trip. 

Hoping to to go next year!!  
    That's right, I remember you telling me that. Enjoy your trip down under, I'll bet that will be a blast.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I miss @Village Idiot 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am into backpacking. I have been into summiting my entire life. 18k+ has been my max. I love collecting unique vintages of wine, I keep a very killer cellar. I also make my own brand of bourbon. I love music, into blues, rock and soul. Most of all, MBW (my beautiful wife) and I love to entertain with wonderful BGE inspired cooks for family and friends.
    photography is another interest for me, just now learning the art of light, angles and color.
    Sounds like that Colarado move is a win / win. You are gonna love that area.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I am into backpacking. I have been into summiting my entire life. 18k+ has been my max. I love collecting unique vintages of wine, I keep a very killer cellar. I also make my own brand of bourbon. I love music, into blues, rock and soul. Most of all, MBW (my beautiful wife) and I love to entertain with wonderful BGE inspired cooks for family and friends.
    photography is another interest for me, just now learning the art of light, angles and color.
    Sounds like that Colarado move is a win / win. You are gonna love that area.
    We have traveled Colorado frequently over the years with work, vacation and the service, we had actually planned to buy a home there.
    Here is the thing; we actually love Louisville, it is one of the best kept secrets in the USA. Not to sound like a Homer, but it is on par with any of the really cool towns across the country. Life is good here. Our neighborhood and friends are the best you could ever wish to have. They are truly heartbroken we are considering this move, begging us not to go.
    We are struggling.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited October 2015
    Options
    welp.  this will go over like a lead balloon.  but i collector rare books and bindings.  if i hit a scratch ticket tomorrow and were forced to spend it on something other than logical expenses, it would probably be on a book or two.  i can rationalize any book purcahse.  it's a legit mental illness.

after that, we're a football family, both boys are standouts.  and we all like watching the Patriots beat whatever highschool team is playing them that week.  wife is as bad as I am about sunday football and family by the fire.

food, reading (non-fiction, science, some highbrow fiction crap), fishing when I can (with three other fat ignorant bastards, including a canadian who we don't like, but he pays for it all because he thinks we are his friends), and making stuff (art, fixing the house, design, etc.)

too much to be good at any one thing.  fine with me.

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited October 2015
    Options

My other Obsession is a 15" Classic.

Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,174
    Options
    What is that? 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    @DoubleEgger I believe that is a kicka$$ telescope.  Am I correct @berndcrisp
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

My other Obsession is a 15" Classic.

I wish I didn't have the light pollution here to be able to enjoy that.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    @DoubleEgger I believe that is a kicka$$ telescope.  Am I correct @berndcrisp

That would make more sense.  I thought it was a cannon for shooting human cannon balls.

Phoenix 
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Yes sea2ski it is a kick butt telescope with Argo Navis object locator and a few  modifications.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Oh Fantasy Football too!  Last year I won my league!  This year I'm fodder.
    Flint, Michigan