Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My First Attempt at Pizza

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I always cook pizzas in the oven. However, today I invested in a plate setter. I started with homemade dough then topped with canned pizza sauce, artichoke hearts, pineapple, black olives, jalapenos, Canadian bacon, & onions. Cooking setup was the new plate setter with cooking grid on top of plate setter (for air flow underneath pizza pan) and perforated pizza pan on top. Cooked at 425 for 20 minutes. Added cheese topping and cooked another 7 minutes. Removed and slid the pizza out of the pizza pan onto a cutting board. Let cool about 5 minutes. Sliced and ate. Best homemade pizza yet. Anyone wondering about using a pizza pan instead of a pizza stone, I would recommend the pizza pan because you don't have to transfer the pizza from a peel to the preheated pizza stone and then retrieve the cooked pizza off of the stone, back to the pizza peel. Bottom line - IMHO - the perforated pizza pan is the way to go. Just my 2 cents.
Wishing everyone a happy weekend. Happy egging.
GaryJ.

Comments