Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless Leg of Lamb Cook Time

gfavor
gfavor Posts: 74
I have a 3.8lb boneless leg of lamb; my first. I plan to cook it indirect at pit temp: 300 to meat temp: 130ish. How long should it take? And other suggestions are welcome. 

Comments

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    I normally splay them open, trim off some of the tough connecting tissue, and cook them direct at 350* or so.  It's a pretty quick cook for me.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    I want to do one, too. I would like to know what herbs and spices to use, as my grand daughter loves gyro meat.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Lamb is great. You can do it a few different ways.  If reverse sear, I use salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.  Apply rub before lighting egg. Cook at 225-250 then sear.  4 lb leg? I would guess 1.25 1.5 hours plus sear time.  It cooks easy and quick. 

If going direct, I love dizzy pig red eye express.  Go raised direct at 375'ish.  I really do not have an eta on that one, maybe 45 mins to an hour if tied, less if splayed out. Lamb cooks so easy, so keep a close eye on it. 

And you can hold the mint jelly for me......

Post pictures!!!
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • rifrench
    Thanks!
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    When ya cooking it?  I will speak on behalf of everyone here, we want to see pictures.  
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • rifrench
    I haven't bought it yet, lol

• gfavor
    gfavor Posts: 74
    Sorry for taking so long about the pictures. The leg of lamb turned out great. Can't wait to do it again.
  • How long did it take at 300 and what did it weigh?  I have a 5.7 lb boneless leg I want to do at 300-350.  LAMB HAS TO BE PINK!  The worst thing I could do is serve grey meat!