Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Options

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    volfan1 said:
    Ya'll are gonna make me have to talk to the wife about getting a 45. Good lord, this website costs me some $$$$. :)
    Actually...we are against asking for permission first...Ha...Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Just got a return email stating my shipping date is Nov. 14th.
    @GATraveller when did you place the order?
    Options
    Just got a return email stating my shipping date is Nov. 14th.
    @GATraveller when did you place the order?
    What color too?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Oh...Aug 19th 65 tan
    Options
    Dammit, now I NEED one of those 20s. My pelican 65 is just overkill. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Now that i have my 20 and 45 I'm gonna start bitching about not having the 65qt I ordered a month later.... I WANT IT NOW!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options

As I mentioned before,  I ordered the RTIC in August without telling my wife.  She ordered me a Yeti for my birthday and they arrived within a day of each other!

The RTIC has the same quality build.  It is larger, heavier and has more capacity.  I have keep the Yeti for sure, as it was a gift.  And, for our needs, with smaller vehicles and camping supplies, it will be a good fit.  Not sure about the RTIC at this point. 

I would highly recommend the RTIC coolers to anyone.  Very impressed!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • jakebge
    jakebge Posts: 79
    Options
    I received my RTIC 20 today.  It's awesome and exceeded my expectations.

I have two minor recommendations:
    1. I would prefer the RTIC name/logo be in blue instead of black.
    2. The lid doesn't want to stay open, this isn't an issue but sometimes I like to keep it open when getting multiple drinks.

I highly recommend their cooler.  I will order the 45 when they offer it in blue, which is coming.  I also am looking forward to their tumbler.

• feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    edited October 2015
    Options
    jakebge said:

2. The lid doesn't want to stay open, this isn't an issue but sometimes I like to keep it open when getting multiple drinks.
    By design? Don't wanna leave the lid open if your trying to keep ice for 10 days. =)
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options

20 and my 45 are in... they are REALLY nice!
    I pre-ordered a 65 (not yet received) but now I'm thinking I also need to get one of those 20's after reading this thread.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You fvuckn a-holes.  Now I need to order one.
    The water is nice Nola...jump on in! =)
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Snake oil.  =)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    smbishop said:

As I mentioned before,  I ordered the RTIC in August without telling my wife.  She ordered me a Yeti for my birthday and they arrived within a day of each other!

The RTIC has the same quality build.  It is larger, heavier and has more capacity.  I have keep the Yeti for sure, as it was a gift.  And, for our needs, with smaller vehicles and camping supplies, it will be a good fit.  Not sure about the RTIC at this point. 

I would highly recommend the RTIC coolers to anyone.  Very impressed!
    Nice side by side...
    Does your Yeti basket fit the RTIC?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    It does not Darian,  falls through...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    Dang it, I knew I should have ordered a 20 with the 45.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Wow. Yeti is going to have some tough decisions to make.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    Seeing the Yeti and Rtic side-by-side it is pretty obvious why Yeti would sue.

Rtic probably should have done a bit more to create an at least somewhat different external style/appearance.

That said, I really hope Rtic is able to hang in there and continue to provide a competitive jolt in this arena.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    Ordered my 40!
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,742
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Rtic probably should have done a bit more to create an at least somewhat different external style/appearance.

That said, I really hope Rtic is able to hang in there and continue to provide a competitive jolt in this arena.
    i believe engal made them first, yeti copied engal. yeti probably cant sue for copying their copy =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    It does appear the majority of the ones going out are White, however if you look on their Facebook page there are a couple Tans out there. For what it is worth, I pre-ordered and paid for a Tan 45 August 18 and have not received an email saying it has shipped. I would imagine the 45 is the most sought after one though.
    Birmingham, AL
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,742
    Options
    my date was aug 20 paid and preordered white 45, no date yet. the ones delivered were preordered maybe 6 weeks earlier
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    To piggyback on my last comment, I had pre-ordered 7/2.
    Birmingham, AL
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I want one of those 20's!  I'd like to have something that fits in-between the back seat and the front seat for trips.  

Where have you taken this bad boy @cazzy
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    stonewh said:
    It does appear the majority of the ones going out are White, however if you look on their Facebook page there are a couple Tans out there. For what it is worth, I pre-ordered and paid for a Tan 45 August 18 and have not received an email saying it has shipped. I would imagine the 45 is the most sought after one though.
    I bought 3 coolers the same day as you and received an email yesterday stating my expected ship date is 11-14. 
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • cazzy
    Options
    I want one of those 20's!  I'd like to have something that fits in-between the back seat and the front seat for trips.  

Where have you taken this bad boy @cazzy
    No where yet.  I just filled it up with drinks for the weekend to test it.  It will probably go to the ballpark next week though.  I like it...good size!  
  • cazzy
    Options

jakebge said:

I have two minor recommendations:
    1. I would prefer the RTIC name/logo be in blue instead of black.

I highly recommend their cooler.  I will order the 45 when they offer it in blue, which is coming.  I also am looking forward to their tumbler.

@DMW and I talked about the lid today.  If you open and just let go, it will close from it's own weight.  If you open it and hold it in the open position for a 1/2 second, it will stay open.  This was consistent with both of our 20s.
  • cazzy
    edited October 2015
    Options

HeavyG said:

Yeah man, it seems pretty criminal how similar these things are.  If I got a Yeti sticker and put it over the RTIC logo, most non-Yeti snobs wouldn't notice.  Either way, I'm very happy with my RTIC 20 and would pick it over the Yeti Roadie 10 out of 10 times.
  • pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Options
    Damn @cazzy. First I see your sliced bacon and bought the Dexter knife. Now I see your cooler and just ordered th 45 quart one. Please don't show any pictures of your new smoker, I can't afford it! :)
    Nerk Ahia LBGE