Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Firecraft?

Options
I saw Firecraft.com mentioned a lot on the board and checked out their website. Looks like they are about 12 miles from my house. Does anybody know if they have a retail shop for picking up lump or is it online sales only? I usually make the 40 minute ride to Tasty Licks a couple times a year but Firecraft looks like a good spot to check out. 
Chester County, PA

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    I am pretty sure I recall @Hapster mentioned that he is able to order online and pick up from there.   I would shoot 'em and email and double check. 

Sales Email: sales@firecraft.com 
    Customer Service Email: service@firecraft.com 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Call them.  It doesn't say on their website, but if you could save on shipping that would be great.  I bet you could place an order and pick it up there.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    They don't have a retail store......warehouse & fulfillment.  You can pickup your order at the dock.
  • MattyMc
    MattyMc Posts: 81
    Options
    Cool, thanks!
    Chester County, PA
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Probably not worth it then, free shipping over $100 anyway.
  • MattyMc
    Options
    stompbox said:
    Yup, I'm a big fan of amazon prime bc I don't have time to go shopping with 2 toddlers. I'll just order from them online. 
    Chester County, PA
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Acn said:
    stompbox said:
     If I'm getting lump I'd rather be in control of transporting it than depending on Fed Ex getting it from the pick up point, switching trucks a couple of times, and then getting it to my door without dropping and/or tossing it.
    I agree and it will travel father to get to his his and like the idea of you could get it the same day of your order.  Nice thing I have easy access to RW and other supplies if needed.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited October 2015
    Options

Checked out the website, mapped it, but couldn't call them?  

------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • MattyMc
    Options

My fault for thinking the experts on here would be all over it. Thanks for adding value to the conversation, however. Keep up the good work. 
    Chester County, PA
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    MattyMc said:

My fault for thinking the experts on here would be all over it. Thanks for adding value to the conversation, however. Keep up the good work. 
    Sure, I think I'd go out of my way to make a post on a forum to guys that may or may not know how this place works, when we're not even remotely close to this place of business.  

No thanks for me, but thank you for adding NO value to this forum for asking a question you could have just called from your Google search.  

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    MattyMc said:

Sure, I think I'd go out of my way to make a post on a forum to guys that may or may not know how this place works, when we're not even remotely close to this place of business.  

No thanks for me, but thank you for adding NO value to this forum for asking a question you could have just called from your Google search.  

"Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"

hmmmm.

• MattyMc
    Options
    Going forward all questions about products and businesses must be resolved with a phone call. Just hit the ignore button, moron. 
    Chester County, PA
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,625
    Options
    Opening this thread felt like chasing the crowd in junior high when someone yelled "fight" and when you got there, the teacher already had them halfway to the vice principal's office.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Only love is spoken here :s
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    MattyMc said:
    Going forward all questions about products and businesses must be resolved with a phone call. Just hit the ignore button, moron. 
    There's an ignore button?
    NOLA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    MattyMc said:
    I saw Firecraft.com mentioned a lot on the board and checked out their website. Looks like they are about 12 miles from my house. Does anybody know if they have a retail shop for picking up lump or is it online sales only? I usually make the 40 minute ride to Tasty Licks a couple times a year but Firecraft looks like a good spot to check out. 
    @MattyMc

You can walk up and place your order, or call and tell them what you want 10-15 mins ahead of time and it will be ready when you get there.just tell them you will pick it up on person.   The tricky part the first time you go is finding the right door to go to.  Pull in the parking lot so a building is on the left, go straight to the back, follow the lot to the left, and go straight to the next building. There are 6-8 spots to park on the left of the door you want. 

If you go during the day, you will see a lot of modded jeeps.  Pretty cool.

Hope that helps. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Oh yea, take a look on their website to determine what you want before you go. You can not go in and just walk around to see what you want. You only stay right there at the front desk and bring out what you ordered.  
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options

+ 1 for that.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    stompbox said:
    MattyMc said:

"Be kind; as everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about"

hmmmm.

Not sure what you're implying here bud. I didn't say anything mean, degrading,  or belittling.  Matter of fact what I said was said before I did. 

I'm pretty sure most people on this forum will tell you I help people and I'm a nice person.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    MattyMc said:
    Wasn't aware of an ignore button chief and I'm far from being a moron. 

Was only making a comment that hey, you already put the work in to find the place and map it , why not call them. If that logic floats your boat, go ahead then brother.  

Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited October 2015
    Options
    My forum rule.... Don't like don't click (or respond).. Don't try to police.... Good night....
    Seattle, WA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,378
    Options
    Since we are riding the escalator-I have recently seen several posts where with minimal effort the answer would be forthcoming.  I'm talking about the search function here (not the best but functional) or Google and big green egg or egghead forum would give several responses to the query-as that is one of the virtues of the BGE.  
    There comes a time when you have to jump into the deep end of the pool.  Now back to bourbon in a leak-proof (to date) YETI tumbler.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    @lousubcap, you are always gracious and generous dispensing information with thoughtful detail!  Glad your putting that tumbler to proper use!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Since we are riding the escalator-I have recently seen several posts where with minimal effort the answer would be forthcoming.  I'm talking about the search function here (not the best but functional) or Google and big green egg or egghead forum would give several responses to the query-as that is one of the virtues of the BGE.  
    There comes a time when you have to jump into the deep end of the pool.  Now back to bourbon in a leak-proof (to date) YETI tumbler.  
    I think that is what I did.  I took my floaties off and hit the 8ft section.  I have noticed the same as your observation and went with my thoughts.  Something I shouldn't do often.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Mmmmmm, Bourbon.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    I like bourbon!
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    Options
    Order... Put in the notes not to ship that you'll pick up. They are also a supplier of aftermarket Jeep parts. Also, call them and tell what time you will be there and they should have it pulled in time. Pretty easy to deal with...