Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC 20

Options

Comments

• mgoblue0484
    Options

Just pulled the trigger on a 20, waiting to talk with the wife before a get a 45. Those who have them, have you used them yet? How do they work?

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

• byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Damn, figured I would ask for an update since its been almost 2 months, ordered on 8/27, expected to ship 11/22. Oh well, it will be like an early Christmas present.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options

Just pulled the trigger on a 20, waiting to talk with the wife before a get a 45. Those who have them, have you used them yet? How do they work?

It's a very well made, high quality cooler. It keeps cold things cold and hot things hot. The price is fantastic compared to other cooler with similar build quality.
    It's not a rocket ship people. It's just a cooler. The company has ice tests linked to their web site and Facebook. No reason to think they faked it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    stompbox said:
     Photo Egg said:
    stompbox said:
    If this thing (the 20 size) holds two growlers standing up, I am game.  I just looked up the dimensions of a growler and it says 11", I am confused by the dimensions on RTIC's site though.  The best I can see it is 10-7/8" maybe?  which would be rather unfortunate if I can't get one in there by 1/8".
    Did not know all growlers were a standard 11" tall. I have seen them in all shapes and sizes and they are getting more popular now so future options should be even greater.

You are correct that there is no standard size.  What I meant is there is one bottle shape that is most common (typically brown and the cheapest growler option).  The ones that are not this type are actually larger that I have.

http://lamplighter.cooperyoung.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/1013Growler.jpg

I just talked to their online help (they were fast and great by the way) and they did say the internal is 10 7/8".  I think they missed the boat on craft beer fans being able to transport them vertical.... by 1/8".  I will measure mine when I get home to verify my grower heights.

An eighth of an inch? That's why the closing straps are rubber so you can stretch them a bit so you can still shut the lid if you just need a skosh more room. :)
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• mgoblue0484
    Options
    I understand it's not a rocket ship. Just seems to good to be true. Thanks for your feedback Photo Egg.

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

• stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    stompbox said:
     Photo Egg said:
    stompbox said:
    If this thing (the 20 size) holds two growlers standing up, I am game.  I just looked up the dimensions of a growler and it says 11", I am confused by the dimensions on RTIC's site though.  The best I can see it is 10-7/8" maybe?  which would be rather unfortunate if I can't get one in there by 1/8".
    Did not know all growlers were a standard 11" tall. I have seen them in all shapes and sizes and they are getting more popular now so future options should be even greater.

You are correct that there is no standard size.  What I meant is there is one bottle shape that is most common (typically brown and the cheapest growler option).  The ones that are not this type are actually larger that I have.

http://lamplighter.cooperyoung.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/1013Growler.jpg

I just talked to their online help (they were fast and great by the way) and they did say the internal is 10 7/8".  I think they missed the boat on craft beer fans being able to transport them vertical.... by 1/8".  I will measure mine when I get home to verify my grower heights.

That would suck to miss by 1/8".
    Cooler might have that much "flex" in the center of the cooler where the top of the growler would hit?

I even asked the help online if the lid concaved or recessed even just a bit and she said no.   So, I will go home and measure.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited October 2015
    Options
    12 pack of cokes, 7 bottles of water and 10#s of ice.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Thanks for the size assessment @cazzy

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • cazzy
    Options
    Internal demensions

14 1/2" x 9 1/4" x 10 7/8"

While the height isn't quite 11", there is a lil bit of room at the top. You would need to place the taller items in the middle.  
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Case of cokes, 7 bottles of water and 10#s of ice.

Very nice.
    I have a Yeti Rodie 20 that I was given a couple years ago. It's not a true 20 and holds so little for the weight that I have only used it once. I see Craigslist in it's future.lol
    The amount that you have in your cooler above is impressive and still more than a little wiggle room left.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • cazzy
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    cazzy said:

Very nice.
    I have a Yeti Rodie 20 that I was given a couple years ago. It's not a true 20 and holds so little for the weight that I have only used it once. I see Craigslist in it's future.lol
    The amount that you have in your cooler above is impressive and still more than a little wiggle room left.
    Yeah, it is a great size and I could of definitely fit more if I forced it.  It was actually a lil bigger than I thought it would be.  Lemme know when you throw the Yeti on Craigslist.  :)
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Photo Egg said:
    cazzy said:

Very nice.
    Yeah, it is a great size and I could of definitely fit more if I forced it.  It was actually a lil bigger than I thought it would be.  Lemme know when you throw the Yeti on Craigslist.  :)

A case as in 24 with water and ice?  Which size do you have?
  • cazzy
    Options
    It is actually a 12 pack of cokes.  You could easily fit 24 cans of beer for tailgating.  
  • cazzy
    Options
    scmoose said:
    cazzy said:
    Photo Egg said:
    cazzy said:

Very nice.

A case as in 24 with water and ice?  Which size do you have?
    I meant 12 pack, but wrote case.  Again, you could easily fit a case with ice.  
  • scmoose
    Options
    10 4 thanks.  Is that the 45?
  • cazzy
    Options
    scmoose said:
    No, it's the 20.
  • GATraveller
    Options
    I'm sure they are bombarded with shipping questions but I just piled one more on them.  I'll let you know what they say.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    cazzy said:
    Internal demensions

14 1/2" x 9 1/4" x 10 7/8"

While the height isn't quite 11", there is a lil bit of room at the top. You would need to place the taller items in the middle.  
    almost looks like theres an extra 1/8 between the letters like in the center of the C in the lid, so mabe it fits with some growler positioning
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • scmoose
    Options
    cazzy said:
    scmoose said:
    No, it's the 20.

cool even better.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    thanks for the pix caz, that's a great looking cooler. I'm sure it will get a lot of good use!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • cazzy
    Options
  • mgoblue0484
    Options

Cool, thanks for posting.

GO BLUE!

Fairfax, Va

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    And it's good to see them side by side.  Although both are "65 quarts", the RTIC is larger.  Thanks!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    And this place continues to be a sinkhole for my money.  Just ordered the 65qt in tan.  Won't need it until the spring, so I can wait the 60-90 days for it to come in.  
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• cazzy
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    And it's good to see them side by side.  Although both are "65 quarts", the RTIC is larger.  Thanks!
    Yeah, the Yetis are consistently undersized across their line. Congrats on your order!
  • GATraveller
    Options
    Just got a return email stating my shipping date is Nov. 14th.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    My ship date is N0v 14th
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options

20 and my 45 are in... they are REALLY nice!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • volfan1
    volfan1 Posts: 164
    Options
    Ya'll are gonna make me have to talk to the wife about getting a 45. Good lord, this website costs me some $$$$. :)
    XL & Mini & knock off medium. Western North Carolina. Formerly Franklin, TN. Formerly in Palm Harbor, FL.