Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket, yard sale, etc... Pic heavy

Options
Haven't posted in a while. Didn't make camp this year..  Screwed up Achilles tendon, mri tomorrow. 

Turbo brisket. 11lbs, 6 hours. This was egged for chili but still tasted good. 

Scored a nice LeCreuset at a yard sale for $20

Rockwood size

Today's meme

Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Sorry to hear about the Achilles!  Great score on the CI and nice brisket!  Your not saying mean things about Bill now are you? ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Sorry about the injury Uncle Apple. But on a positive note, great score on the pot, great looking grub, and a great stab at the democrooks to boot. Way to go Unc!!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• logchief
    logchief Posts: 1,415
    Options
    Hope that foot gets better soon, at least it hasn't hindered the egging.  Brisket looks quite tasty.  Super deal on the Le Creuset.
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Hated to miss you at camp. Wish you a speedy recovery. It's getting close to chili weather, need some brisket. 
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Ouch! That looks really painful. Speedy recovery. Brisket looks very nice. Do you guys ever wonder what Monica is doing these days? Me neither.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Dredger said:
    Do you guys ever wonder what Monica is doing these days? Me neither.
    I hear that she still...... Well I better not say it sister ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    That's a brutally painful injury (I injured mine 20+ yrs ago along w/ my right shoulder rotator cuff in gymnastics). Hope the MRI sheds some light on moving forward in the healing process. Brisket looks solid especially for chili. And a Bill/Monica meme is just good stuff. She apparently wasn't as agile in dodging as Bill was with the draft :fearful: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • BigGreenBamaGriller
    Options
    Talk about foreign objects in your lump...
    Killen, AL (The Shoals)
    XL, Small, Minimax, and Mini BGEs
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Great score on the LeCreuset ... damn, with my luck at yard sales, all I'd find is an avocado refrigerator instead of a pot like that.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    henapple   I'd sure like to here a bit more about your turbo brisket. What temp? If I were to put it side by side to a non turbo brisket would I know the difference? I'd really like to try this ... Tim
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @SoCalTim.... I'm not sure how it would compare. My first. I went 325 to 170, wrapped in hdaf and finished at 350. I let it cool a lot before I sliced and cubed it. Easier. Right before I pulled it I punctured the foil and let all the juices drain into the pan. I poured that back into the bags before sealing. It was good enough that I would serve it but l&s is probably better. 
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    Sorry you didn't make it to camp. But that injury is plenty good reason. That sucks. Maybe you needed to catch a good break with the steal on the la Creuset. I'm trying not to be  too jealous. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Sorry for the injury but a heck of a score.
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Disappointed.  I thought YOU were having a yard sale.  I was ready for a PBR drunken 'Apple yelling at yardsale goers!  :angry: 
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I bought almost $300 of PBR, Woodford and cigars...   10 bags of Rockwood. I guess I'm stocked. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    henapple said:
    I bought almost $300 of PBR, Woodford and cigars...   10 bags of Rockwood. I guess I'm stocked. 

What no ammo? :unamused: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    You were missed at brisket camp.  I even had to drink someone else's PBR.  It just wasn't the same. 

Hope your foot isn't too messed up and you get fixed up soon. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Forgot to mention that I'm jealous of the le creuset score. You can replace the knob on the lid  with a le creuset ss knob from Amazon. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    "TOA" logo on that boot Brother @Henapple????  I used to work with one of their sister-groups here in Atlanta!  I can pick out logos from those SOB's from a mile away!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    That's a brutally painful injury (I injured mine 20+ yrs ago along w/ my right shoulder rotator cuff in gymnastics). Hope the MRI sheds some light on moving forward in the healing process. Brisket looks solid especially for chili. And a Bill/Monica meme is just good stuff. She apparently wasn't as agile in dodging as Bill was with the draft :fearful: 
    I would pay some nice coin to see a gif of you doing a back hand spring. Hint hint. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013