Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Want a 2nd egg but which one ?

Options
2»

Comments

• 2beast
    2beast Posts: 50
    Options
    Large and a XL here.
    I have thought of a medium but we shall see.
    I seem to have the large pretty full on most cooks anyway.

I do not use the XL nearly as often but it is nice when more space is needed.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Looks great!! Don't put any OFF cans or other bug sprays on your table.  Beautiful location!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    I'm not sure which I like more - the cart/egg set-up or the view! Very nice! If you don't mind sharing, what does a Challenger set-up like that run?
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Go with the mini! If you are like me and want to save a couple hundred.
  • clweed
    clweed Posts: 70
    Options
    That is a beautiful set up! Well done. I'm assuming that is a custom cart.
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    I have an XL and a Medium at my house and I am happy with the versatility and range that offers.  If I needed a companion for my lonesome Large it would be another large or the MM.  Most probably the MM.  It all depends on what you want to do with it.  I.e. Cook for larger crowds,  have a low and slow and high temp going at once, just want to do small cooks for the 2 of you, or some even leave one just for baking and never put meat in it.  
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • Chillin@5
    Options
    Sweet set-up! I have been debating this same decision and keep waffling between a medium or mm. Everyone I know that has used mm raves about it, but the medium seems more practical. Decisions- decisions!
    1 XL , 1 LBGE , 1MM a very tolerant hubby and 2 hungry teenage boys with a lot of friends. I Love playin' with charcoal and sippin' Bourbon in Fenton, MI. Live Large!
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Chillin@5 said:
    Sweet set-up! I have been debating this same decision and keep waffling between a medium or mm. Everyone I know that has used mm raves about it, but the medium seems more practical. Decisions- decisions!
    @Chillin@5While I don't have a MMax, my medium is my favorite egg followed by my mini. The medium and mini get by far the most use from our household. I had a medium, sold it to buy a second large. Missed the medium so much I bought another one. My question for you is how valuable is portability? If portability is low on the value scale, M wins. If portability is high on the scale, MM wins.
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    I have an XL and a medium.  Portability is not an issue - I never have any desire to take it on the road.  Just tonight I wanted to do a quick salmon and some asparagus.  Plenty of room for both on the medium.  Up to temp and ready to cook in under 10 minutes.  Ideal.  I use the medium most of the time, but when I'm doing a large cook, the XL has plenty of space for everything I throw at it.  Also nice to have one for direct and one for indirect - lots of flexibility.  As @Badinfluence will certainly agree, there is no wrong egg to have.  Each has it's own strengths and weaknesses.  If you don't get the utility you want out of one combination, the nice man at the store has another model you can buy to enhance your capabilities.  Enjoy!!
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    I added the Joe Jr to go along with large BGE , here's a combo table
  • Chillin@5
    Options
    What size eggs? XL and M or L?
    1 XL , 1 LBGE , 1MM a very tolerant hubby and 2 hungry teenage boys with a lot of friends. I Love playin' with charcoal and sippin' Bourbon in Fenton, MI. Live Large!
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Chillin@5 said:
    What size eggs? XL and M or L?
    The pictures shows XL on left and large on right. Here's another double but it may explode since it's the wrong color
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I've got a large and mini and the mini hardly gets any use. We're just a family of 2 plus a 10 month old. Sure its great for hot dogs (which I'm sure we'll start cooking a ton of soon) or a single large steak or cooking a small lunch on when the large has a brisket or a butt on. We used it a ton when we first got it until the novelty wore off. It was fun seeing what you could cook on it, but we could have cooked all that on the Large and not had to squeeze it in. If it wasn't for the huge family discount our dealer gave us, I don't think it would have been worth the money. Knowing what I do now, I wouldn't have purchased it and I don't think a MM would be much better. Again, I must clarify, for our needs and habits.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings