Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 2nd Annual Briscket Camp Roll Call - WHOOP! WHOOP!

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    My wife and I are big fans of all the NCIS's and the theme song for NO is the best to me.  I believe more movies and TV shows lately have been filmed on NO then in NY or LA.  I am sorry we couldn't make it this year, maybe next year.  I really want to get back down there, it's been probably 20 years since I was there.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    The state of LA had some huge tax breaks to lure film producers here so they've been shooting a lot of stuff in LA, as the locations are diverse and interesting and the cost is low compared to CA and some other areas.
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    The state of LA had some huge tax breaks to lure film producers here so they've been shooting a lot of stuff in LA, as the locations are diverse and interesting and the cost is low compared to CA and some other areas.
    Um, tax breaks for the rich? 
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Yep.  Trickle down economics.
    It's created a huge TV/Movie industry in Georgia. 
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,723
    Apparently a lot of those tax breaks are ending/have ended. I was watching the local news Saturday morning at brisket camp and they were talking about a good bit of the movie jobs drying up in NOLA
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    @piney glad y'all made it home safely and that your wife didn't tuck Jazz kitty into her purse. Look forward to seeing you again.
    Please send us pics of Jazz, Sandy said she regretted not taking pics of her to show what she looked like.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    I also seen that on the news. It was talking about people of that industry are moving to different jobs. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • First off, Jazz asked me to clarify that he is a boy...

• @piney, Jazz thoroughly enjoyed all the attention he got over the weekend! 
  • @piney there's a few more pics on page 14 of this thread...
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    @piney there's a few more pics on page 14 of this thread...
    Thanks I will send to Sandy's phone
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832

@piney, Jazz thoroughly enjoyed all the attention he got over the weekend! 
    He is saying "Go ahead, f with me, I dare you"
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Fellows it looks like I missed one heck of a good time and some great looking grub for sure. Outstanding job fellows. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Hotch said:
    Wow brings back some good memories of BC #1!
    Indeed it does my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    TigerTony said:
    Piney in action
    You got to love brother @piney!! Party Monster adores him. 

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    SGH said:
    TigerTony said:
    Piney in action
    @piney is one of my very favorites. ;)

his wife, Sandy, is great also. 
  • SGH
    SGH said:
    TigerTony said:
    Piney in action

He is honestly one of my favorites as well. Really wanted to see him again.  

Status- Standing by.

• TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    SGH said:
    TigerTony said:
    Piney in action

You right, ya gotta love @piney. But he sure speaks a weird language.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    TigerTony said:
    SGH said:
    TigerTony said:
    Piney in action

Yes sir @piney and Sandy are the best. 
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • SGH
    Hotch said:
    TigerTony said:
    SGH said:
    TigerTony said:
    Piney in action

Yes sir @piney and Sandy are the best. 
    You are not so bad yourself brother @Hotch. Hate that I missed y'all.  

Status- Standing by.

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    I know we will have the Jefferson Eggfest sometime next October. We raised over $7,000 for the Carnegie Libaray this year.  
    As soon as it is set I will post to help Nola set the date for brisket camp #3. This may allow for a few of us in Texas to plan on attending both.
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @TigerTony you just need another redneck like myself to translate!
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    @TigerTony you just need another redneck like myself to translate!
    I'm fluent in redneck.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    I am a total redneck.  I have the camo-crocs to prove it.
    I understood every word piney said. I don't know what that's supposed to mean...
  • Anyone who fell in love with Jazz kitty... I just got a text from the breeder that she is closing the cattery and has cats and kittens (Bengal and Savannah) for sale. Her website is bambusaforest.homestead.com. Not sure about prices, but thought I'd send it out.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    You guys are killin me.   I downloaded the Yes Ma'am tune from the pre-event Youtube. Can't get it out of my head........and can't seem to get Mrs.northGAcock to work om the butt move the lady in pink was doing......nor can I get her to climb a tower and.....oh nevermind. You guys are already planning next year......I'm gonna try and make it myself.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SGH
    swordsmn said:
    Someone pm me if @sgh rides in on a buffalo
    Brother I sure wish that I could have done that. Hated to miss it. The riding in on a buffalo would have been a dream come true ;)

Status- Standing by.