Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good dealers in Boston area

Options
looking for a good dealer in Boston area. Word of mouth is always good advertising. Been burned in past by slick talking sales people.

Comments

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Most are really not that informed 

these guys are pretty good though. They get (or at least they used to get) frequent deliveries, which helps with warranty issues

https://www.bbqbarn.com/
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    I am just north of Boston and got mine @ Oasis Pool/Spa in Nashua. Good folks. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • Martello_Penne
    Options
    Most are really not that informed 

these guys are pretty good though. They get (or at least they used to get) frequent deliveries, which helps with warranty issues

https://www.bbqbarn.com/
    I second BBQ barn, great knowledge, very helpful and stocked with charcoal, wood, and Dizzy Pig. Additionally, this place in Newton is a little more, well Newton, then the BBQ barn but they're nice folks and I bought my Mini-Max there. 
    LBGE, CGW Swing Rack, Baking Steel. Mini-Max on the way. 

Boston MA
  • BIll-W221
    BIll-W221 Posts: 279
    Options
    I'm south shore and used Curry Ace Hardware in Hanover. Not sure how good they are as I haven't needed them for anything other than buying the egg. They have the eggs all setup and ready to go.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    How about any eggfests in the area?
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    tarantin tank, brentwood NH, has an eggfest.  they are the distributor for much of the area

https://www.facebook.com/TarantinIndustriesBigGreenEgg

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• J-dubya
    J-dubya Posts: 173
    Options
    BIll-W221 said:
    I'm south shore and used Curry Ace Hardware in Hanover. Not sure how good they are as I haven't needed them for anything other than buying the egg. They have the eggs all setup and ready to go.
      My fire grate cracked on the XL I bought from them, and the manager got me a new one in a hurry.  Very nice people at that store IME.  They will order any accessories. They also stock WGC. 
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Kirley's Masonry in Mansfield. Bought my first Egg from Eric in 1998 and he's been right there for everything I've needed since. A number of years ago I had a firebox in 7 or eight pieces that I dragged in in a box. He said, "I'd say that was broken." He walked over and lifted a firebox right out of one of his floor models.
  • cstubbs10
    Options
    Got my from Koopman Lumber in Sharon.  After some shopping around, they seemed to have the best deal for the standard package that included the Egg, Plate Setter, Side Tables, tools, and charcoal.

My first cap had a small chunk missing, so they quickly sent me a new cap without any hassle.  

I've been to BBQ Barn and they definitely are the best for regular needs, along with the Curry Ace Hardware, which employs some really helpful employees as well.
    Boston, MA
    LBGE