Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Medium Nest >>>>>to Mini Max maneuver......

Options
Question regarding the Nest for the Medium EGG – NEST M when using for a MiniMax. My medium is in process of finding itself a new home in a table. Looking to pick up a MM in the near future. I have a place for it designed into the new table, but understand that the Med Nest will also accommodate a MiniMax, allowing for a large at some point in the future should my ship come in. My question is for one of you who may have have made this maneuver, can the MM sit in the Med nest without removing the MM carrier? In other words can i have the best of both worlds without making any modifications to the MM in order for it to sit in the Med nest? Thanks.....I'll hang up an listen.
Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Robin, may I offer an alternative? Have you thought about buying a large/ xl, and keeping the medium as a mobile egg? You would have to construct some sort of carrier, but it's not much heavier than the mm, with better capabilities. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @Jeremiah Based on my cooks, and think I will be going smaller before I go larger. The medium is a bit more bulky than I would like to travel with. Honestly, I am wrestling with the MM vs the Mini. I am definitely leaving the door open for a large / Ex Large one day. I will def give it some thought.

I have factored in some flexibility into the table build.....should receive on Sautrday of this week....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    Robin, I had a mini for a little better than a year
    .I wound up giving it to my older daughter as the 10 inch cooking grid just was too small for me.
    I got impatient waiting for the MM to come out and bought a Kamado Joe Jr.
    While not as portable as the Mini, it works well for me.
    Sounds like you will be happiest long term with the MM.
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    jaydub58 said:
    Robin, I had a mini for a little better than a year
    .I wound up giving it to my older daughter as the 10 inch cooking grid just was too small for me.
    I got impatient waiting for the MM to come out and bought a Kamado Joe Jr.
    While not as portable as the Mini, it works well for me.
    Sounds like you will be happiest long term with the MM.
    Disagree respectfully. If you are wanting a mini then you are not buying it to feed a ton of people. Likely a few. My mini gets used WAY more than my large. The mini is as versatile as it gets and holds a ton more than people give it credit for. Not to mention it is a ton lighter than the MM. To each his own but mini is way better value in my opnion. Hell you can buy two minis for the same as a MM now I think. 
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    +1 ^^^^ on what @chubbs said.  I've got a large, small and mini.  The mini is a workhorse and is very quick to come up to temp not to mention a searing machine.  I almost feel bad for buying my small before the mini, had it been vice versa I wouldn't have bought the small although it is a great cooker. When I was looking for a second egg I thought the mini looked like a toy and couldn't really see myself being able to utilize it so I bought the small but I see now I was waaaay wrong.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.