Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2015 2nd Annual Briscket Camp Roll Call - WHOOP! WHOOP!

Options

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    How weird is it that the Vegan Chili is the food that I think of the most from the weekend. That **** was the best chili I have EVER eaten.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    @northGAcock thanks for thinking we're not old... but @nolaegghead is needing some meat glue for his back after moving all but 2 BGEs back to their rightful places with Red last night. I think I'll be moving the other 2. 
    @Piney didn't mean to leave you out -- thanks for all your hard work getting the ice maker hooked up (even though it ended up flaking out on us anyway -- no fault of your as the hookup was perfect). It was wonderful spending time with your lovely wife, and Jazz liked her so much he took a nap on her lap (that says a lot, cuz he ain't a lap kitty). She also held down the fort to sign for a wine shipment while I was picking @caliking up at the airport.
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    How weird is it that the Vegan Chili is the food that I think of the most from the weekend. That **** was the best chili I have EVER eaten.
    I'll tell Dylan, our next door neighbor who makes it, that you said so. It's always a hit with everyone. He says one of the "secrets" is that it has 2 cups of high quality olive oil in it (of course, it's like 3 gallons or so of chili) --  but considering that's the only fat, it's necessary. I'll try to pry the recipe from him.
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    It wouldn't be brisket camp without a few slices of the digits:

@FleurdeLirious took care of me Saturday night after I caught an edge of the brisket knife trying to cut up some bread.  It is literally a flesh wound.
    OMG @JohnInCarolina that's probably the WORST bandaging job I've ever done! Musta been the margaritas.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,836
    Options

Just think how good it would have been if you dropped some brisket in it.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm gonna get that recipe.  Already talked to Dylan about it.
    Options
    It's not a party until one of the drunk cooks backs up into your truck while saying... "I'm gonna go to the bar"
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It's not a party until one of the drunk cooks backs up into your truck while saying... "I'm gonna go to the bar"
    Damnnnn, your truck?...sooo did he still make it to the bar? :whistle: 

XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Ouch!  That sucks, but well worth the fun it looked like!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    byrne092 said:
    Damnnnn, your truck?...sooo did he still make it to the bar? :whistle: 

He got out, saying it was just a little bump, walked around to see the damage and exclaimed "DAAAAAAAAMN!" He apologized and promised to pay for the repairs. Then he quipped that he wasn't going to charge @nolaegghead for the red paint, and proceeded to get back in the truck and go to the bar.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Yeah he still went to the bar. No police were involved all weekend.  I told him to buy me a door, preferably black, and I'd replace it.
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Good deal. Always nice to handle things among one another if possible. I saw a tri-colored Dakota not to long ago; I agree that you would be best served with a black door.
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    One day, I'll make it to the camp.  Visiting Louisiana is on our bucket list so it should be an easy sell to SWMBO :)

Yeah he still went to the bar. No police were involved all weekend.  I told him to buy me a door, preferably black, and I'd replace it.
    You should ask for a white door, just so nobody thinks you're a racist.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • bgebrent
    Options
    @JohninCarolina, you better look under the bandage, you could be getting delirious from sepsis  ;)
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    That's a serious "whiskey lick". Bummer. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    @JohninCarolina, you better look under the bandage, you could be getting delirious from sepsis  ;)
    I was told that there is far too much alcohol in my bloodstream for me to catch anything for at least a month. 
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Those margaritas along with @nolabrew s home brew were some fine oral antiseptic. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I just have to say this again. If you weren't there, you missed out. Don't make that mistake next year.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options
    It was truly a fun event.        
    And the band Yes ma'am. Absolutely awesome!
    Next year we should invite Anthony Bourdain.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• bgebrent
    Options
    @JohninCarolina, stupid me, didn't consider the alcohol antiseptic in the blood stream. Yup, good for at least a month.
  • TigerTony
    Options
    #blackdoorsmatter
    Now that's funny! Possibly the best one word response ever on this forum. ;)
    New Orleans

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    I'll say it again, the band was awesome. They were all talented, but the guitarist was playing a tambourine and a service bell with his left foot and a bass drum foot pedal against the case he was sitting on with his right foot. All while singing, playing guitar and calling out instruction to the rest. WOW! 
  • FleurdeLirious
    Options
    @DMW I heard @nolaegghead is giving you grief about the fire extinguisher. Please forgive him -- he's clearly had an overdose of E.W./Zero prescription pain killer for his back... clearly when there's a fire your first thought should NOT be "what's the most cost-effective way to handle this?", especially when there's a fire extinguisher at the ready.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,618
    Options
    @DMW I heard @nolaegghead is giving you grief about the fire extinguisher. Please forgive him -- he's clearly had an overdose of E.W./Zero prescription pain killer for his back... clearly when there's a fire your first thought should NOT be "what's the most cost-effective way to handle this?", especially when there's a fire extinguisher at the ready.
    Who bought the matchlight briquets?!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I think the highlight for me was eating @Eggcelsior 's Baltimore pit beef, with onions and tiger sauce, on that homemade bread, while drinking @nolabrew 's 10 HR beer.  I could have done that all day long, but everyone else had the same idea and well... civilized people spread the wealth around. ;)
  • TigerTony
    edited October 2015
    Options

Here's a great video of the band. I can't seem to figure out how to get it right.
    https://youtu.be/hhCai_Um3L4
    New Orleans

• theyolksonyou
    edited October 2015
    Options
    You can really see his footwork there.  And the fact that I need either more chin, or less neck.