Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Philly Cheesesteak Wrap

Started out with some thin NY Strips @500° on the mini 
imagejpeg 

Once the steaks were pulled I added the cast iron to cook up the onions,garlic and peppers
imagejpeg 
imagejpeg 

Then wrapped everything in a wheat wrap with provolone. 
imagejpeg 

Rolled up & toasting 
imagejpeg 

And plated up with some quinoa fries. 
imagejpeg 

Thanks for looking 

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Looks like another winner to me my friend. And on the mighty mini to boot. Awesome job buddy.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• yes sir that looks incredible nice job
    Large egg panhandle of florida
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Thank you @sgh & @beachsmoke.  It scratched the cheesesteak itch I was having. 

analyze adapt overcome

• Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Thats some tasty grub right there and healthy to boot!!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    That money shot! Damn...
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    I like quinoa but how's it taste as a fry?

cheesesteak looks great. Which might explain my cholesterol
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • @mattman3969. My 2 faves....burritos and Cheesesteaks. Together.....simply perfect! 
    Fort Worth, TX      
    LG Big Green Egg, Weber Genesis Gasser, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Jumbo Joe

Flame Boss 300, Orange Thermapen (because Orange is the fastest)
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Dang, you do healthy right brother. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • byrne092
    byrne092 Posts: 746
    Nailed it! Looks awesome
    XL, Medium BGE & Blackstone I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO Flameboss 500

St. Louis, MO
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    You had me when you toasted it. That looks really good. I'll end up buying a MM and I'm going to blame it mostly on you. Thanks pard. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    @SciAggie that's a mini, but don't let that discourage you, the mm is pretty good in its own right. 
  • SciAggie
    @SciAggie that's a mini, but don't let that discourage you, the mm is pretty good in its own right. 
    I was blinded by his cook - lol. Thanks for the correction. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Tinyfish said:
    Thats some tasty grub right there and healthy to boot!!
    Thank you!   It's fun trying to make tasty healthy food 

blind99 said:
    I like quinoa but how's it taste as a fry?

cheesesteak looks great. Which might explain my cholesterol
    We buy the sticks from the chip aisle at the grocery.  I think they are good. They're not Grippo but still very edible 

TXsmokin said:
    @mattman3969. My 2 faves....burritos and Cheesesteaks. Together.....simply perfect! 
    Thank you 

Dang, you do healthy right brother. 
    I try brother 

SciAggie said:
    You had me when you toasted it. That looks really good. I'll end up buying a MM and I'm going to blame it mostly on you. Thanks pard. 
    Thanks for the compliment!! If you buy a MM you'll have to blame it on someone else other than me because this cook was on a Mini. I have a small so I really couldn't justify the MM although I hear it's a great cooker.  

analyze adapt overcome

• SciAggie

SciAggie said:
    Thanks for the compliment!! If you buy a MM you'll have to blame it on someone else other than me because this cook was on a Mini. I have a small so I really couldn't justify the MM although I hear it's a great cooker.  
    @theyolksonyou straightened me out. Point is you cook some really nice grub my friend.
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Thank you!

analyze adapt overcome

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    perfect! could have added a few slices of Jalapenos....
    Very tasty looking. 

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Man an excellent cook... Using the strips looks great
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Mattman3969

Aviator said:
    perfect! could have added a few slices of Jalapenos....
    Very tasty looking. 
    Thank you sir!  As for the jalapeño- I thought the same thing but decide that since I had 6hrs driving today I would skip em. 

Man an excellent cook... Using the strips looks great
    Thanks Johnny!!

analyze adapt overcome