Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rhineland Cutlery @ Costcos

Options
auhoe
auhoe Posts: 25
Guys,
I had an impulse buy at Costco last night on a carving set and pairing knife from Rhineland Cutlery, but I cannot find any reviews on this stuff anywhere. While I am in my return period I will do some testing, just wanted to check and see if any of you had any experiences. I always see them at trade shows, just never looked until I saw them at Costco.
Lawrenceville, GA   XL Big Green Egg, Minimax, Flameboss, Maverick

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Rather impressive cutlery I'd say. Here's a link:
    http://rhinelandcutlery.com

If you don't mind my asking how many shekels did that set you back?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • auhoe
    auhoe Posts: 25
    Options
    The carving set was $118 the pairing knife was $44.99. Felt like great quality, very sharp, the lifetime warranty is what sold me and of course the costco return policy.
    Lawrenceville, GA   XL Big Green Egg, Minimax, Flameboss, Maverick
  • chrisc133
    chrisc133 Posts: 501
    Options
    @auhoe was this a roadshow or is this an every day item at Costco?
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Hmmm, what kind of steel and heat treatment? They look really nice, but they might be cutting "bling." I bought one of their earlier line Hammerstahl bread knives at a discount. Looked nice, but the use was really ho-hum.

For the price of the paring knife, it should be able to shave hair out of the box.
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    gdenby said:
    Hmmm, what kind of steel and heat treatment? They look really nice, but they might be cutting "bling." I bought one of their earlier line Hammerstahl bread knives at a discount. Looked nice, but the use was really ho-hum.

For the price of the paring knife, it should be able to shave hair out of the box.
    I thought those looked like hamerstahl. 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited August 2015
    Options
    edited: forget it. Nothing to add. Nice set
    (nevermind)
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    I got a set of an 8 inch chef knife and the asian clever for $120 out the door at grand opening if a Sam's club by my house a few months ago. Both my wife and I absolutely love the clever! The chef knife I mainly use for carving or cutting finished meat. I love the k knives, and got a great deal on them. Lifetime warranty too! 
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    auhoe said:
    Guys,
    I had an impulse buy at Costco last night on a carving set and pairing knife from Rhineland Cutlery, but I cannot find any reviews on this stuff anywhere. While I am in my return period I will do some testing, just wanted to check and see if any of you had any experiences. I always see them at trade shows, just never looked until I saw them at Costco.
    @auhoe How do you like these?  Saw them at the Georgia National Fair last night and the weight and quality feels good.    Seems to be a limited amount of information out there as far as reviews and use though.    How has your experience been?
    In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!
  • SoCalWJS
    SoCalWJS Posts: 407
    Options
    I don't think I've ever seen them at Costco. Special show or regular stock?

I like the looks of the handles for grip and comfort, and from the info on their website, I might like to take a closer look at them.
    South SLO County