Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Philly Blue Cheesesteaks and Onion Petals

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,052
Only "OT" because it monsooned again and had to cook it inside.  My yard is flooded once more.  Sick of all this rain.  This was only 15 min into tonight's rain... It got much worse.  

Anywho, still had a great dinner, even if I did have to cook it inside.  :)  Shrooms were cooked with white wine, butter, truffled sea salt and cracked pepper.

The "Carne Picada" was also seasoned with truffled sea salt and cracked pepper.   

The blue cheese sauce is something I've been making for awhile now.  It's a delicious combo of heavy cream, white wine, blue cheese and mozzarella.  This time I used pepper jack in lieu of the mozzarella.  Worked very well and added a nice "umph."  

Finished the sammich under the broiler

For or the onion pedals, I like using this copycat recipe of Outback's blooming onion:

http://youtu.be/WG05FfeitsY

Served with another copycat recipe for outback's blooming onion sauce.  Awesomeness.   :flushed: 

Comments