Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Briskets on a Large Egg? Two Briskets on a Large Egg.

Options
I'm a teacher (Biology) and at my school we have a luncheon a few times a year when the kids have a half day. This year I volunteered to cook some bbq on the Egg. I decided on brisket, as I live in Texas and need to feed around 60 people (thankfully 14 other teachers are also helping to cater the meal). I've got two roughly 14 lb packers on, with plans to wrap Franklin style about 8-9 hrs in at 275. This is my first time to try 2 Briskets at once on the Egg, hopefully I've given myself enough time to finish them off. I'll post some updates through the night, if you have any expertise on smoking two big cuts at the same time, any advice would be appreciated!

Comments

• GalanteNate_OneEa
    Options
    Standing by. Keep us posted!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Where are you? I teach physics in region 15. Standing by for the outcome. We have monthly luncheons, but once a year I drag up a big offset smoker and cook briskest for the staff.  I have a guy that helps me tend the pit during the day. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Tettletime
    Options
    @SciAggie I'm in Irving, you?
  • A31unit
    A31unit Posts: 199
    Options
    Go big or go home!  Good luck
    LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Coleman - south of Abilene. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Tettletime
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Coleman - south of Abilene. 
    I know Coleman well, my grandparents used to have a Lake house out there.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,094
    Options
    Looking good!
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin