Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Redditt - BGE members here?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,888
edited October 2015 in EggHead Forum
Just got an order today from an egger who hangs there. I never heard of it before. I haven't taken but a couple minutes to scan it, but first blush was there are a lot of pictures, but maybe I'm wrong.
link:  https://m.reddit.com/r/biggreenegg
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I just now followed your link and visited for the first time. I agree about the pics. A lot of them and they are really big as well. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    No idea what reddit is, but four of the first 10 posts I saw had beer as an ingredient in the food.  I may hang out there once in a while.
  • RRP
    Options
    This thread is either sinking like a rock, or maybe it is not a common destination for the general group here! Just the same I have now read more threads there and I do see some posters whose names I recognize. I also see the format and dialogue is WAY different than this forum. Perhaps they have active mods there with enforced rules or something. Oh well...I was just wondering!
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    Some of the things I've seen on reddit, I don't think active mods are in the picture...
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If there is one thing Reddit does not have, it's mods. Reddit is complete anarchy.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,615
    Options
    It says beta at the top, it's probably new.  It takes a while for a society to sink to the depths you see here.  Give them time.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Just 4chan, no redditt for me.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    Options
    Just 4chan, no redditt for me.
    don't have a clue what you just said, but I bet you don't know who Charlie Chan was either! 
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    DMW said:
    If there is one thing Reddit does not have, it's mods. Reddit is complete anarchy.

Like there are active mods here!
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Ron all I will say is I miss the good old days of one board and all the original innovators that the original board had.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • platypusrex
    Options
    That's the mobile link, here is the regular page: https://www.reddit.com/r/biggreenegg
    Reddit is an open site where people discuss anything they want, democracy on the web as it were. 4chan is similar, maybe go to Wikipedia for a good description of both.
    LBGE, platesetter, Stoker wifi, StokerX Mac software, Pit Pal for iOS, @HerringBigEgg on Twitter, joined forum in 2008
    Austin, TX
  • nolabrew
    nolabrew Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm on there a little.  I think www.reddit.com/r/smoking is actually the better reddit community when it comes to delicious low and slow. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,346
    Options
    DMW said:
    That's not quite true. Reddit does have strict rules and each subreddit (topic) has moderators who run the subreddit. And like some moderators in some "regular" forums some are more lenient than others.

That said, Reddit does allow basically anyone to create a subreddit on just about any topic and a sizable percentage of those various subreddits/topics are not for the easily offended/squeamish/etc./etc.

I've been a Reddit user for years but have never bothered to check out the BGE subreddit. Will have to do so today but I'm sure it's nowhere near as active as this forum and smoother kamado forums outside of Reddit.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Tim (Watkinsville)
    Options
    I read that sub-reddit and occasionally post there. Reddit can be a huge time sink if you aren't careful but I find it useful for both grilling and other topics of interest.
    The founders of reddit are now back with the company so I expect things to stablize pretty quickly.

Watkinsville, Ga   XL, Medium
  • jimithing
    jimithing Posts: 254
    Options
    @RRPI'm a reddit member.  I think I've pointed someone from there in your direction but that was months ago.  Perhaps someone was reading an older thread?

Be careful wandering around reddit for those unfamiliar.  #1 There's a LOT of NSFW material so I wouldn't even think of browsing that site at work.  #2 You can get lost for hours wandering from forum to forum.  There's definitely something there for everyone.
    XL BGE
    Plano, TX
  • MaC122
    MaC122 Posts: 797
    Options
    ive posted there before. similar name with more "2" at the end
    St. Johns County, Florida
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    Options
    I really don't get their format.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    stompbox said:
    I really don't get their format.
    that's the standard reply for every BGE forum that has ever existed  :)

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• MikeCBus
    MikeCBus Posts: 3
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I go to reddit regularly.  If you stick to the front page, it's a good place to find news and interesting topics.  I feel it's a bit of a "millennial" thing and seems a little young at times but I enjoy it for the most part.  As someone else mentioned, www.reddit.com/r/smoking will have more activity.  I cruise /r/smoking.

The whole thing operates by user votes.  If you vote a topic up, it's presented higher on the "list".  Comments/replies are treated the same way, you can actually vote on the comments.

Also you can customize what your "front page" looks like by "subscribing" to different groups (subreddits).  If I create an account I get a default group of subreddits like /r/news and r/funny, etc.  I can then go into my profile and subscribe to /r/smoking and /r/woodworking for instance.
  • MikeCBus
    Options
    Edit:  I messed up the hyperlink and also wanted to mention that while usually fairly innocuous in the main subs, some posts/comments on reddit might not always be "family oriented".  It's a sort of controlled anarchy.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    fidel may be found in /r/gonewild posting as "lemonparty1965"

[ WARNING.  do not go there if you have delicate sensibilities.  do not.]
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I thought that was Gary.