Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Philly Cheese Steak

Options
mcypert09
mcypert09 Posts: 33
edited October 2015 in Beef
First post on the site. Had an Egg for about a year now and have been reading the BGE forum since. Made a Philly Cheese Steak this weekend. Used a rib eye, put the steak in the freezer for 40 mins to make easier to slice, and slightly coated with olive oil. I used Penzey Spice Chicago Steak seasoning and white American cheese because it melts great. A good sandwich definitely needs good bread so bought the bun from a bakery. I was also beer brined chicken, buffalo breast too. 

Appleton, WI and Baileys Harbor, WI (Kangaroo Lake)

Grilling and smoking meat year around (even in Frozen Tundra temperatures); tasting and brewing beer - like bourbon and whiskey too; fan of the Green Bay Packers

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    edited October 2015
    Options
     Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have this Egg thing down pretty good. Sounds like some good food. How did you cook the thin sliced rib eye?  Any pics?
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Great looking grub. And welcome to the forum. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• mcypert09
    mcypert09 Posts: 33
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
     Welcome aboard. Sounds like you have this Egg thing down pretty good. Sounds like some good food. How did you cook the thin sliced rib eye?  Any pics?

Thanks! I am having technical difficulties! I thought I did post pictures and got too excited and then started the thread before I attached the pictures (must have got too excited). Used a Bobby Flay sizzle pan

Grilling and smoking meat year around (even in Frozen Tundra temperatures); tasting and brewing beer - like bourbon and whiskey too; fan of the Green Bay Packers

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks even better than it sounded. Nicely done. 
    Options

Thank you!!!!

Tjcoley said: Looks even better than it sounded. Nicely done.