Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Used Large Egg

Going to look at a large today.  No cracks acording to owner, who happens to be the original.  Egg is an older one as the dimples are not of the golf ball type.  All the normal hardware, and a small wooden table, which I probably wont use any way.  Asking 475.00.  If its as advertised what do you think about the price?  I figure close to half the price of a new one, makes up for the no warantee.

Comments

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    For the age, priced a bit high.  Suck it up and save for an egg fest bge, or costco joe. ;)
  • RedSkip
    RedSkip Posts: 1,400
    If you can wait a few more months, I think you'd be happier.  The warranty is well worth the wait especially if you run into issues with the ceramics.  
    Large BGE - McDonald, PA
  • A31unit
    A31unit Posts: 199
    I agree. There are plenty of things to be had used. I am always looking for a deal but for an egg you are paying for much more when u pay the price from an authorized dealer. I bought my large new in the spring and had 2 minor warranty claims. I emailed Bruce from BGE and he shipped the 2 parts no questions asked right to my doorstep
    LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)
  • I agree with the comments posted here on buying new if you can. The warranty is worth the price.

Having said that, I purchased my large for $400, used about seven years ago and it was manufactured in 2004 $400. Both the firebox and fire ring are cracked now but usable. I was lucky enough to find a firebox, fire ring, grate, grid, band, springs and handle for $30 off Craigslist. Haven't gotten around to putting them in the egg just yet.

I picked up a medium at a recent EGGfest just because. The boys are off in college and the wife and I don't need the real estate of a large all the time. You can't beat the deals at an EGGfest if you can wait. The mediums on Craigslist in my area are more than I paid at the EGGfest and I got a lot more!

Good luck!