Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Keep it simple, keep it good...

Options
Morning All:

Nothing special tonight (anniversary dinner was earlier in the week)...some brined chicken breasts & baked tators...Tators went on first, dome temp about 400...added the chicken when tators almost done...two on the left have DP Mediterranean-ish & the two on the right have DP Bayou-ish...ready for all to come off...

Add some buttered corn and just plain good food...

The Egg makes even "normal" meals special.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nice plate. I'll take a plate of what you got there. 
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    That's what it is all about, a simple everyday meal! Nice.  
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Brisket_Fanatic
    Options
    Looks good, cooking on the egg is fun no matter the menu

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Simple looks good to me!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,343
    Options
    @SSN686- Nice cook right there-glad you are posting here.
    On a totally different note:  If you don't mind. when did you serve on the Rivers?  And yes I do understand "Submarines once..." and beyond. ( Bubblehead for many years right here.)

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options

Morning lousubcap:

I joined the Rivers during construction in June 1973 then transferred to the Cincinnati (SSN693) in April 1977 (also under construction) thus plank owner of two ships & two initial dives with Rickover.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Options
    Nice cook!
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @SSN686-did you make the Med run with I believe Ray Jones as the CO in the mid-70's, if so our paths crossed in La Madd.  Definitely a young man's game.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options

Morning lousubcap:

I did make a Med run from Feb 76 to Aug 76 only our CO was Roderick Wolfe...I was lucky enough to get back to Charleston in the middle of the run for the birth of my first son (May 4th)...however I went back to the ship three days after he was born and then didn't see him again until August.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• lousubcap
    Options
    I didn't get there til Sep '76.  Sea duty can be a challenge-good that you got home even if only for a short time. "Submarines once..."