Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brined pork chops, roasted carrots, grilled bok choy

Options
I have no idea what I was thinking for this dinner.  Just picked up some stuff that looked good at the store.  I brined the pork chops for a few hours because they looked really lean.  The carrots got roasted in CI for about 40 minutes.  Then the pork chops got seasoned and grilled.  Bok choy got grilled while the pork chops rested.  I also made some lentils.... because, lentils?!  Anyhow, it tasted great with some New Glarus beer.

Happy Friday everyone
-- ben

Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments

• SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    That looks really good. I like this kind of meal. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    I'm diggin it!!

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    I like it!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    That's my kind of grub there! Looks good both pictures and food. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    I'd hit that for sure. Nice job 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    That looks delicious!  
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • rmercier
    rmercier Posts: 212
    Options
    Yum!
    LBGE in Northern VA
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    Looks fantastic, nice photo
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Man that looks great...  Did you put olive oil or anything on the Bok Choy?
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind words
    @johnnytarheel I just cut it in half and brushed with olive oil. Grilled direct for a few minutes on each side over high heat. Then a little kosher salt and pepper. I really liked it. The green ends were charred and the stalks were crunchy. 

Serious eats has a recipe that looks good but Asian flavors. I'd  like to try it sometime. 

@tarheelmatt thanks, I broke out the old d40. It's the best this amateur can do :)
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Thanks all for the kind words
    @johnnytarheel I just cut it in half and brushed with olive oil. Grilled direct for a few minutes on each side over high heat. Then a little kosher salt and pepper. I really liked it. The green ends were charred and the stalks were crunchy. 

Serious eats has a recipe that looks good but Asian flavors. I'd  like to try it sometime. 

@tarheelmatt thanks, I broke out the old d40. It's the best this amateur can do :)
    The D40 is still a very capable camera. 
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • blind99
    Options
    @tarheelmatt I wish I had an excuse to buy something new with faster focus. But 7 years on the d40 keeps chugging along. Btw nice looking burgers on that other thread!
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    blind99 said:
    @tarheelmatt I wish I had an excuse to buy something new with faster focus. But 7 years on the d40 keeps chugging along. Btw nice looking burgers on that other thread!
    The pictures look good still.  You mention focus speed, do you use a kit lens or something else?  

You know, I sent my newer body off to Nikon to get serviced and had my old D300.  Surprisingly it is still a work horse.  Not quite the dynamic range or the ISO capabilities as my newer body, but still pulled great images.  

I have documented the burgers throughout the way with pictures from my newly serviced camera (main body).  The pictures on there are from my phone.  
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • blind99
    Options
    @tarheelmatt yeah it's the kit lens. I think 18-55? Luckily food doesn't move too fast. But the kids do!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    blind99 said:
     Just picked up some stuff that looked good at the store.  

Brother, I do this very thing. Whatever catches my eye is what winds up on the grill/smoker. I may go with the intention of getting wings and then those ole rib eyes catch my eye and it's a done deal my friend. There is a lot of truth in the old saying that we eat with our eyes first. Sure seems to be the case with me. On a separate note, what a great cook. Everything looks excellent from where I'm sitting. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Outstanding! Love the carrots and bok Choy. Everything looks great on the plate. Nothing like a clean white plate to work with. Winner winner pork dinner.
  • Tinyfish
    Tinyfish Posts: 1,755
    Options
    Looks tobme like a great cook.
  • blind99
    Options
    @sgh @pgprescott @Tinyfish thank you for the kind words. Scottie - my wife looked at it pretty skeptically. Beans, bok choy I guess didn't appeal to her!  I thought it was pretty delicious though. Cooking the beans with bacon and a splash of wine didn't hurt :)