Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Happy Mothers Day

jake42jake42 Posts: 931
edited 2:33PM in EggHead Forum
mday3.jpg
<p />A little grilled seafood for the Lady
mday2.jpg
mday1.jpg

·

Comments

• Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    jake42,
    Tell me what you got going on. I love seafood.[p]Mike

·
  • stormyddogstormyddog Posts: 43
    this looks incredible anyway you can give us the details of what you cooking, temps and time I would love to try this next weekend.
    ·
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    stormyddog,I marinaded the shrimp in a garlic,rosemary, olive oil, worchestshire sauce and lemon mixture for about an hour. Basted the lobters tail in a simular marinade.
    Got a 350 fire going tossed the shrimp into the heated grill topper. Tossed them around a bit, put the tails directly on the grate, closed the lid cooked for about ten minutes tossed some more to make sure the were evenly cooked. I actually steamed the bulk of the crab legs, just put those two on for effects. Actually that was not a bad way to cook those either. Sorry I don't have exact measurements just kinda' played it by taste.

·
  • GordyGordy Posts: 49
    jake42,
    Where did you get the lobsters, or maybe I shouldn't ask? I've caught hundreds in my days (diving in the Keys) and those seem rather, well maybe not quite the right size.

·
  • jake42jake42 Posts: 931
    Gordy,
    Price Chopper 2 for $5.00.

·