Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RTIC Coolers...They are Shipping...Just Got Mine

Options

What a great looking cooler.
Boxing and packing was perfect...cooler arrived flawless.
Fit and finish of the cooler are quality all the way. This thing is SOLID.
All the small changes that were pointed out to me in their last prototype look perfect.
The quality in this final cooler was well worth the wait!
Here are a few photos I took.
Thank you for taking a look.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Hokie_Smoker
    Options
    What a great looking cooler. I paid for my pre-order the first of August so they said expect delivery at the end of October.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    What a great looking cooler. I paid for my pre-order the first of August so they said expect delivery at the end of October.
    I hope you get yours soon.
    Not sure if all the sizes are shipping yet but I do know the Tan Coolers will take a little longer. Again, well worth the wait.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    great to hear they are shipping.  i don't need one for the winter, but i could use a good cooler next year.  looks like a nice one!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great news!!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • swordsmn
    swordsmn Posts: 683
    Options
    congrats  anxious to get mine !
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    I can see why Yeti was a little upset with the design.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Oh man that's good news.  Can't wait for mine to arrive.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    I contacted their customer service at the beginning of this week, told them when I reserved one (July 2) and paid for mine (August 18) and they said it should go out at the end of next week. Who knows.
    Birmingham, AL
  • Photo Egg
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I ordered 2 Pelican coolers 2 months ago and love them...I ordered a 35qt and a 45qt.
    That said... this RTIC cooler, at 65qt, is less than 2 inches wider, and actually SHORTER...and not as deep front to back compared to the Pelican 45qt. 
    The Pelican cooler is so big for the storage inside the cooler. You get 65qt storage for about the same foot print as Pelicans 45qt at the price of a Yeti 20, that does not even hold 20qt.lol
    This really is a deal.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    excellent. I will eagerly await mine and hold tight for the SCOTTIE TEST.
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    Options
    YES !!!  Won't be long now !  Thanks for the pics and information along the way :-)
    More meat please !! :-)
  • Smokinpig
    Smokinpig Posts: 739
    Options
    To Our Customers:

We have begun shipping our coolers! Please click here RTIC Coolers Begins Shipping for a video update.

The shipping delay was due to our decision to upgrade the resin and improve the freezer gasket to help ensure we were offering the best product on the market. The improvements were well worth the wait as the response from our initial coolers have been very positive.  

We expect to have all the pre-orders shipped within 60-90 days from your pre-order date. We will be shipping the coolers in the order we received the reservations / pre-orders. All customers holding a pre-order will receive an email notification about a week before their order actually ships notifying them their coolers will be in stock and ready for shipping within the next 7 days. Upon shipment of the order, customers will receive a shipping confirmation which will include UPS tracking numbers.

Once all the pre-orders have shipped, we then expect to have enough coolers in stock to offer immediate shipment in December. The pricing will be the same and we will have free 2-day shipping at that time.

If you’re in the Houston area, we invite everyone to come by and see them and meet us at our Houston fulfillment center located at 20220 Hempstead Road, Suite 22, Houston Texas 77065between the hours of 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 1-855-527-6993, via email at help@rticcoolers.com or via our Live Chat.

Thanks again for your support and patience.

Sincerely,

Jim & John Jacobsen 
    Founders
    RTIC Coolers

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    ok, so is it to tote fish or hold beer for fishing

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Beer man!  Beer! ;)
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    tjv said:
    ok, so is it to tote fish or hold beer for fishing

t
    Since you normally show up to Eggfests beerless...I needed the 65qt for the extra beer space. Ha Ha
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I will gladly pay you tuesday for a cold beer today............

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Photoegg if you dont mind sharing, when did you pay for your cooler?  I can not get a straight answere from Rtic on a shipping date.  I paid Aug 18 and would like some sort of idea when to expect it other than 60-90 days.  Acroding to rtic they are unable to tell me where I am on the shipping list, wich seems like a crock to me.   With all of the facebook pages and this forum, your actualy the first person that Ive seen recieve one, let alone an email saying it will be shipping. 
  • jakebge
    jakebge Posts: 79
    Options
    I pre-ordered on July 2nd and paid August 18th. I have not received an email regarding my shipping status but I received the same shipping update.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited October 2015
    Options
    @Photo Egg Glad that you received your cooler. The final product looks even better than the prototype. I hope that they start making larger ones before they shoot the price up. I would love a 400 quart RTIC. Simply put, RTIC kicks a$$.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    Was not aware of this brand, just pre-ordered a 20 in Savannah tan. Thanks for the heads up.
  • stompbox
    stompbox Posts: 729
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I really want one, the things I can't get over are the weight of them just empty, and that they don't have wheels with that much weight.  

Seems silly to me.

To be fair, I know the ones they are sticking it to with their design are comperable with these complaints. But, if you are going to target a competitor than go for their throats and make the best you can.

Just my two pennies.
  • clweed
    clweed Posts: 70
    edited October 2015
    Options
    They are heavy and a pain to carry but Rubber and non slip feet work better on boats than wheels would IMO
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    i didnt know about those slots on the sides, i see two rod holders mounted on mine when i get it =)  one thing im not sure about is that gasket freezing and sticking if i use it for bait during the frozen months. they also need a pluggable hole on top for an aerator
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Anyone in the South Houston area that "has ordered at least a month ago" a 65qt cooler and just can't wait...I will gladly give you my unused cooler in exchange for your cooler when it arrives. 

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    Darian that is very commendable of you. My kind of peep's! :-)
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • clweed
    clweed Posts: 70
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Anyone in the South Houston area that "has ordered at least a month ago" a 65qt cooler and just can't wait...I will gladly give you my unused cooler in exchange for your cooler when it arrives. 

I guess ordering this morning doesn't count. I ordered a 65 and a 20 to go with my YETI 50

Lee
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    clweed said:no
    Photo Egg said:

I guess ordering this morning doesn't count. I ordered a 65 and a 20 to go with my YETI 50

Lee
    Since you already have a good cooler...lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

How about trading for my 20? :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    If it were a 45 I might take you up on it.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • scmoose
    scmoose Posts: 164
    Options
    Still havnt heard of anyone either reicieving one or getting a shipping email.  Im imatiently waiting for mine.