Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Football Party - 75-100 guests

Options
I have a outdoor football party each year. This year I bought and assembled a 20' x 15' screen for the yard to allow for more guests. So I need suggestions to feed guests without having to spend all night at grill, etc. So far the bride suggested pulled pork in a crook pot for GOD's sake! I like idea of pulled pork and can do a few butts on the egg the day before. I also am doing London broils. Looking for other quick to make, easy to reheat food suggestions for the party........any ideas are appreciated.

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Chicken legs. I did 150 on the XL. great coming off the grill or ambient. All were consumed. Easy, relatively fast, delicious, and no problem to make ahead or on game day and serve.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Pulled pork can feed many fairly easily...not from a crock pot though...
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    edited September 2015
    Options
    PM @BigGreenCraig. He just catered for 150. 75-100 should be a breeze. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    You could also do pulled beef along with the pulled pork.  With 100 people that is a lot of food, but I 50 people with, 18 lbs of brisket, pulled pork, 7 slabs of ribs and 7 lbs of sausage.  I did have some leftovers.  I would try and do as much as you can ahead.  The only thing I would do day of would be the chicken wings or legs like @YukonRon suggested.  Good luck and I look forward to seeing the photos.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • DaveRichardson
    Options
    I can tell you that Craig used 3 komados for the 10 butts he cooked for the church party - 3 on each.  Not sure about the 10th meat unit....

I'd smoke them till the stall on my egg, then foil and finish in the oven with ample drip pan underneath.  That way you can smoke up as much as you can.

Rest and pull ahead of time.  I'd vac seal them in bags and keep them skinny.  Reheat in a large pot of water, AKA Hot Tubbing.

When folks are there, that's when I use the egg for the kiddy foods of hotdogs and hamburgers as well as the obligatory vegetarian that has to have a boca burger!

Its worked very well for me and I don't wind up smelling like a smokey pit for my guests.

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• GASGUY
    GASGUY Posts: 111
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas........keep them coming.
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I can tell you that Craig used 3 komados for the 10 butts he cooked for the church party - 3 on each.  Not sure about the 10th meat unit....

I'd smoke them till the stall on my egg, then foil and finish in the oven with ample drip pan underneath.  That way you can smoke up as much as you can.

Rest and pull ahead of time.  I'd vac seal them in bags and keep them skinny.  Reheat in a large pot of water, AKA Hot Tubbing.

When folks are there, that's when I use the egg for the kiddy foods of hotdogs and hamburgers as well as the obligatory vegetarian that has to have a boca burger!

Its worked very well for me and I don't wind up smelling like a smokey pit for my guests.
    The 10th was on the MiniMax. I wanted to keep the Kamado Cook Off as equal as possible! 
  • Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    @GASGUY  PM me. I'll be happy to answer any questions you have and offer whatever advice I can. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options

Well that was rude! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Tcwfalcon
    Options
    Ribs! They're relatively inexpensive for a large group, and people always view them as a treat that they normally don't get.
    Austin, TX
  • Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Do you have a sous vide?  When I cook for a lot of people (business parties that usually rank around 150-200) I can handle it all on my XL. I do 5 butts on the XL's adjustable rig.  And then put Chicken breast in the Sous vide. The butts are FTC by the time guests show up and the chicken breasts just need to sear.  The egg is ready to do sear duty on chicken and kid food that way. I have had 25+ breasts in the Sous Vide and it all went off without a hitch. (I have also done this with bs thighs and made pulled chicken to go with the pork) We typically do a crawfish boil too though, but I never man that station. Everyone in my area thinks themselves the best crawfish guy around.

Just be creative about the cookers you have laying around.
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • GASGUY
    GASGUY Posts: 111
    Options
    I do not have a sous vide, so that's out. Decided to take day before off, cook most of the food and store overnight. Then hopefully all I need to do is put in crock pots or serving trays to keep warm day of. This way all I need to do is ice down the beer and watch my Irish stomp USC!