Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Rubs

2»

Comments

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Part II Jerk Chicken

Lately, I use a combination of the Busha Browne's Jerk paste and one or the other of the following Meat Church rubs.  I try to prepare the night before in a gallon zip lock bag.

LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,127
    @mahenryak I do like that chicken rub but haven't seen it for sale for the last decade or so. I never think about ordering that type of stuff from Amazon. 
  • mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    edited September 2015
    ^^Yep.  In the past the beef and chicken rubs have been packaged together as a Prime offering on Amazon.  The only thing is I have found that my eyes can lead me to want to apply too much of the EVOO chicken paste concoction and it can be a little overbearing.  If I back off just a hair, it is pretty good--IMHO.^^
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    mahenryak said:

Never heard of the Szeged rubs until yesterday when I saw them at my newly discovered meat market. Didn't buy any as I have to watch sodium and commercial rubs usually have too much. Didn't even look at the nutrition label, but I will next time I go. Thanks.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    One of the few remaining commercial rubs I keep on hand is Plowboys Yardbird, fantastic stuff.  Use it on chops and ribs in a pinch camping too.

http://www.basspro.com/Plowboys-BBQ-Yardbird-Rub-Seasoning/product/10213160/
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."