Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Coming To A City Near You

Options
SoCalTim
SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
edited September 2015 in EggHead Forum
Amazon has just announced a new 'Prime' program called 'Amazon Prime - Now', with delivery's to your front door in TWO hours ... for additional $7.99, it can be delivered in an hour or less.

Is that freakin' crazy!!

It is currently available in 9 major city's and from what I understand should be available to 90% of the U.S in 18 months.
I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.

Comments

• GATraveller
    Options
    That's crazy chit dude.  I'll never have to leave the house again!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SoCalTim
    Options
    That's crazy chit dude.  I'll never have to leave the house again!!!
    I just ordered a couple items I've had on my Amazon wish list, lets see if this works.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    So Amazon is going to offer hot food delivery now? Do we still need to tip drivers?   ;)
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    *driver's

FTFY
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    Options
    Psyched for this. Amazon just bought a big joint right outside if Boston. It is by all the produce joints in Everett. Figure they will do groceries as well. 
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • swordsmn
    Options
    Pretty convenient... Waiting for something I really need in a hurry.  When they step up to drone drops, it'll get even more cool
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    via Drone?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• swordsmn
    Options
    There was a rumor they've experimented  (with a drone even)
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    MJG said:
     Amazon just bought a big joint right outside if Boston. 

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    They might have bitten off more than they can chew. There's absolutely no way they could deliver a package in metro Atlanta in two hours on a Friday afternoon. 
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    It's like the old dominoes--30 minutes or it's free. What happens if they are late--free?
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Well, did it arrive in time?
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    SoCalTim said:
    Amazon has just announced a new 'Prime' program called 'Amazon Prime - Now', with delivery's to your front door in TWO hours ... for additional $7.99, it can be delivered in an hour or less.

Is that freakin' crazy!!

It is currently available in 9 major city's and from what I understand should be available to 90% of the U.S in 18 months.
    I am sure I will be in the 10% that will never get it.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • SoCalTim
    Options
    DMW said:
    Well, did it arrive in time?
    As a matter of fact, yes! My delivery came in just under 2 hrs. I had about $100 dollars in groceries and a new fishing pole I've been wanting. Great service!
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Insane! 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • aukerns08
    Options
    via Drone?
    I hope this never happpens...  I'd rather pay for same day delivery or wait 2 days for free prime shipping than deal with drones personally.
    Large and Mini BGE

Hamilton, VA
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    That is really cool...but I'm not getting my hopes up out here in the burbs of Atlanta.  In Seattle they deliver alcohol. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Hairless_Hand
    Options
    They might have bitten off more than they can chew. There's absolutely no way they could deliver a package in metro Atlanta in two hours on a Friday afternoon. 
    Fred Smith had a college professor that didn't believe he could create an overnight package delivery company.  Today we all use FedEx for our overnight delivery needs.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Fred Smith had a college professor that didn't believe he could create an overnight package delivery company.  Today we all use FedEx for our overnight delivery needs.
    It took me over an hour to drive 7 miles yesterday afternoon....
  • Hairless_Hand
    Options
    @DoubleEgger ATL might be a great test market for the drone delivery.  Traffic is miserable in ATL and it will create some serious logistical issues for Amazon.  Anxious to watch them tackle the challenge!
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I would rather drive through hell than Atlanta traffic. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SmokeyPitt
    Options
    They offer this service already in Atlanta in select zip codes (I was surprised).  I wonder if they have people on foot or on bikes.   

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    They offer this service already in Atlanta in select zip codes (I was surprised).  I wonder if they have people on foot or on bikes.   
    They're driving rickshaws, and seem to all be named Apu.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    SGH said:
    I would rather drive through hell than Atlanta traffic. 
    It's a 2 for 1 here
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Probably the zip code where the fulfillment center is located. 
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    We used this service while in Dallas over the summer, they were offering $20 off of an order $50 or more, I ordered a toy that was $49.95 and a Greek yogurt as a filler. Arrived in exactly 1.5 hours, the app tells you when the driver is headed your way and it allows you to track the driver on google maps, the purple dot in the picture. It was awesome. They do ask you tip the driver and you can adjust the tip afterwards based on your experience, it was very cool.
  • SmokeyPitt
    Options
    They have service in 30339...Vinings, Cumberland Mall.  I bet they pull service when the new stadium is built.  What an epic cluster**** that is gonna be.