Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Low and Slow smoked turkey advice needed.

Options
  I am brining a turkey which I plan to smoke on the green egg. I wanted to try a low and slow cook to see if there is any difference
  I'm planning on cooking 225 to 250, with a little apple smoke.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    dry it a night or two uncovered in the fridge to help wih skin crispiness. 
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Mix Season salt, paprika,  chili powder, garlic powder, onion salt. Mix it all with butter. Stuff between the skin and the meat. The more the better. Put turkey in a pan. Cook at 250 for around 6 hours a big turkey 8 hours. Baste the turkey every hour with the juices from the pan
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • leo123
    leo123 Posts: 101
    Options
     Thanks but with what I have read in the past is if you do it low and slow forget about the skin, it will be to rubbery and you would want to discard it. But I will try to keep it in the fridge and see if I can save the skin.... Thanks

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    This gives a crisp skin, you will do this direct.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky