Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How many bags of lump in your stash!

Options

Comments

• McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    1 1/2 pallets of OO and 3 bags of RW 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • clintmiller
    Options
    I have about 18 pounds left of a 20-pound bag of Central Market Mesquite Lump and most of a bag of Kingsford Original (for my Weber Kettle). I don't really understand the benefit of loading up with huge amounts of lump (unless you're ordering it in bulk online and saving on shipping). For me, I keep 1 or 2 bags at a time and pickup a new bag at the grocery store during my normal grocery shopping whenever I run low.
  • SmyrnaGA
    SmyrnaGA Posts: 438
    edited September 2015
    Options
    A little over 1,000 lbs, mostly on sale.

2x20# BGE
    6x17# RO
    3x20# Cowboy
    10x34# Frontier
    5x28# Cowboy Premium Gold
    4x20# Rockwood
    1x22# KJ Lump red (old)
    2x20# KJ Lump brown
    10x20# KJ Lump red (new)
    1x22# WGWW

Yes, I do have a problem... I'm not cooking enough!!!

Large BGE, Small BGE, KJ Jr, and a Cracked Vision Kub.

in Smyrna GA.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited September 2015
    Options
    My stash??  DAVE'S NOT HERE, MAN!!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Sundown said:
    30 - 10 pound bags of WG Competition Blend... For some odd reason I don't use the CB to often  ;>)
    Go ahead and use it, you can always buy more. It's right next to the Ozark Oak. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Actually, yesterday was the Autumnal Equinox. Solstice is summer and winter. Longest and shortest days. :glasses: 
    Is that you Sheldon?

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• ibanda
    ibanda Posts: 553
    Options
    160 lbs in my stash. Should be able to weather any storm!
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    All this lump talk got me to thinking so I bought all but one bag at my local ACE. I won't buy the last bag. That's not how I roll.... I'm at 13 bags now. 
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    I did inquire about a pallet. If any Georgia eggers are interested in splitting a pallet, PM me. 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Questions for all you 100 plus pounders:

Do you also own a generator to keep the freezer going when the sh*t comes down and you need all that lump?
    New Albany, Ohio 

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options

Do you also own a generator to keep the freezer going when the sh*t comes down and you need all that lump?
    No - instead I had my diesel converted to burn lump.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options

I absolutely own a generator, best thing we've ever gotten for the house (egg included). It only took one extended outage, first time I had to bail water from the sump pump out to keep the basement flooding relatively localized and I went right to Home Depot and plopped down the cash. It isn't huge, and you have to fill with gas, but it'll run the sump pump, fridge, and chest freezer for 12+ hours before running out, and will power the wifi and laptop if I'm working from home one of those days.

As for the lump stash, I've got just over 100 lbs of Rockwood and 40 lbs of Wegmans brand (made by RO) that I use for clean burns or in a small kettle when we're camping.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    @Acn

With the WiFi, at least you'll be able to post on the Forum  =)
    New Albany, Ohio 

• RRP
    Options
    Acn said:

I absolutely own a generator, best thing we've ever gotten for the house (egg included). It only took one extended outage, first time I had to bail water from the sump pump out to keep the basement flooding relatively localized and 
    One of the smartest things I think I ever spent money on is my water pressure driven back up sump pump. I have seen neighbors who relied on those marine battery powered back ups just crap out on them in a few hours. While mine may not seem efficient as it takes 2 gallons of water to pump out one gallon in the sump I have never had it fail me!
  • stlcharcoal
    Options
    Here's a pic from the good ole days when we had reserves.

Now it comes in from the plant and leaves in a few days.  Here's an order that left Tuesday for Ace in TX.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    240# RW (12 bags) and around the same in a variety of smoking chunks. And 6 cords of oak and cherry combo unsplit for the burn barrel. Can't wait for cooler weather. :smiley: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jstroke
    Jstroke Posts: 2,600
    Options
    You win
    Columbus, Ohio--A Gasser filled with Matchlight and an Ugly Drum.
  • AaronH
    AaronH Posts: 145
    Options
    I knew this thread would take off! lol
    XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    I bought over 30 bags of Ozark Oak back in June, now I am down to 7.  I will save one and head up to the CGS, the only place near me that carries Rockwood for my next purchase...
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • grEGGorys
    Options
    I have 5 18# bags of Royal Oak. I have a medium and it will last me the rest of the year.
    Gulf Coast FL
  • DaveRichardson
    Options

Absolutely have a genny set up.  I can either plug the 40-amp plug into my wall panel and power most of the house, or I can go easy on it and plug into power my furnace, freezer, fridge, and some lights.  We only lost power in this area during the winter, but the great part about being in GA is that winter only last for a few days at a time!

5 gal of ethanol-free gas will run the 10,000watt genny for about 8 hours at 50-75% power.  And lucky for me, the gas station up the street has ethanol-free gas for the people on the lake.....  Its worth 20 cents more a gallon for the safety of my small engines.

Probably have 20 pounds of RW, 20 pounds of Forest Lumps, and 20 pounds of RO in the garage.  Will be getting a few more boxes of the Forest Lumps this weekend!

LBGE #19 from North GA Eggfest, 2014

Stockbridge, GA - just south of Atlanta where we are covered up in Zombies!  #TheWalkingDead films practically next door!

• bob.bud
    bob.bud Posts: 297
    Options

Mostly Maui Waui man, but it's got some Labrador in it.

What's Labrador?

It's dog ****.

What?

Yeah, my dog ate my stash, man.
    Bloomfield Hills, MI | LGBE : AR R & B Oval Combo w/Extender and Sliding D Grid : Kick Ash Basket : Smokeware Cap : Smobot Beta
  • RRP
    Options

And lucky for me, the gas station up the street has ethanol-free gas for the people on the lake.....  Its worth 20 cents more a gallon for the safety of my small engines.

Great price! The only ethanol-free gasoline available here is premium carried at most Phillips 66 stations ONLY and they charge $1.10 to $1.25 more per gallon. Just the same I pay it for my yard tools and vintage Vett.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Yeah the marina hits me up for an extra dollar a gallon. 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    @DaveRichardson Lump okay. Wood sure. But, generator talk? :confused: 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • RRP
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @DaveRichardson Lump okay. Wood sure. But, generator talk? :confused: 
    Actually @THEBuckeye started the sidetrack! @DaveRichardson just followed suit just as I kicked it further off track about my water pressure driven back up sump pump! Sometimes these threads are like a box of chocolates! 
  • AaronH
    AaronH Posts: 145
    Options
    I like chocolate 
    XLBGE /MiniBGE / Maverick 733 x 2/ Woo2 / CGS 17.5 Stone

North Carolina land
  • jrog74
    Options
    you guys that buy the BGE lump, what does your store charge? Out local guy is getting $23 for 20lbs. Is that about the going rate? Our Walmart is about to stop carrying lump for the year and this will be all I have if I run out. 
  • RRP
    Options
    jrog74 said:
    you guys that buy the BGE lump, what does your store charge? Out local guy is getting $23 for 20lbs. Is that about the going rate? Our Walmart is about to stop carrying lump for the year and this will be all I have if I run out. 
    Actually that price for BGE brand which is just Royal Oak in hiding is a good price but still over priced! Tell us where you live and maybe we can suggest alternative sources that you never considered. OK?