Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Seeking Expert Advice

Options
My Brother picked this up at the local grocery store and would like some advice on how to prepare it?

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Unless he has done this often I think he will need to start with some lube. 
    Coffee spraying out my nose.....Great start to a Monday =)
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Yep, I'm awake now too ... no coffee yet, but still giggling. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Now that is funny right there. Way to play it off on your brother ;)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    That is  BOUND to hurt!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    it's a roast.  i'd roast it.  maybe 325-350 til max 140 in the stuffing (and not much more in the meat), depending what they stuffed it with. 

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• walleyv
    walleyv Posts: 147
    Options
    :o If it's boneless what is it stuffed with???
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    ^^^^
    Good question
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    There is a thread on the BBQ Brethern about this. Was looking at it a few nights ago. Check it out, there was some sound advice given.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    Interesting to see this forum buckle under the difficult question of how to cook a roast.  

Yeesh

[social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• SGH
    Options
    Interesting to see this forum buckle under the difficult question of how to cook a roast.  

Yeesh

It's a gag. A attempt at humor.  

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Darby_Crenshaw
    Darby_Crenshaw Posts: 2,657
    edited September 2015
    Options
    wasn't referring to you.  notice i said the 'forum'.   contrary to what you may think, you aren't the entire forum. (that's a gag, by the way, an attempt at humor)

my point is, guy posts a pic of a stuffed roast, and no one here has any idea how to cook it

• SGH
    Options
    wasn't referring to you.  notice i said the 'forum'.   contrary to what you may think, you aren't the entire forum. (that's a gag, by the way, an attempt at humor)

my point is, guy posts a pic of a stuffed roast, and no one here has any idea how to cook it

This post is a gag from the BBQ Brethern site. Read the title as Butt hole instead of butt whole. Almost everyone on here knows how to stuff a roast. Again, the post was meant to be humourus. And I certainly don't think that I am the forum. However, more often than not, I will go out of my way to help anyone on the forum out. That's more than can be said of some. 

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Punctuation is important.

"Let's eat grandma!"
    "Let's eat, grandma!"
    "Boneless stuffed butt whole"
    "Boneless stuffed butt, whole"
    Options

"Let's eat grandma!"

What's your preferred way to cook grandma?

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Acn said:

"Let's eat grandma!"

You have to be careful, whatever method. They tend to dry out. 
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    i'm pretty sure there are many others who answer questions too.  with a lot less extraneous stuff, fwiw.

;)

• Little Steven
    Options

"Let's eat grandma!"
    "Let's eat, grandma!"
    "Boneless stuffed butt whole"
    "Boneless stuffed butt, whole"

SGH said:

This post is a gag from the BBQ Brethern site. Read the title as Butt hole instead of butt whole. Almost everyone on here knows how to stuff a roast. Again, the post was meant to be humourus. And I certainly don't think that I am the forum. However, more often than not, I will go out of my way to help anyone on the forum out. That's more than can be said of some. 
    I still don't get it?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
      I glanced at this real quick yesterday and didn't even get the butt hole part. LOL. Too early in the morning, not enough coffee. =)

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Acn said:

"Let's eat grandma!"

I'm sure several of our yutes have grandma's that got baked more than once..
    LBGE, AR.  Lives in N.E. ATL
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    Acn said:

"Let's eat grandma!"

Indirect to 400 IT, cheese down, right @nolaegghead
    New Albany, Ohio 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    each to his own, mr grumpypants
    Would using DP be totally inappropriate for this cook?
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    Well, I thought it was kind of funny?
  • CanadianAnvil
    Options
    Sous vide for grandma. Only way to get tender
  • ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    @SGH...you said butt hole...now that's funny.
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • lewisj82
    Options
    Stuffed Butt Whole... Why am I reminded of this?

BGE XL- Tomball, TX

"Well let me just quote the late-great Colonel Sanders, who said, "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" - Ricky Bobby
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    The funny part is actually in the thread title... you are expecting "experts" here???