Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kabobs on the Mini Max, oh and beer

Options
YEMTrey
YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
edited September 2015 in EggHead Forum
Been very busy lately with travel for work and daughters soccer season.  Needed some down time. Chicken kabob seasoned with Dizzy Pig Tsunami Spin and the Beef kabobs were dusted with OakRidge Santa Maria steak rub.  OUTSTANDING!  And a couple of beers I brought back from my recent work trip to San Francisco.
Steve 
XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

Comments

• jollygreenegg
    Options
    The kabobs look great and so does that Denogginizer...  That will get u bent at @9.75abv..  I live about 20mins from their brewery
    MM & XL BGE, Bay Area CA
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    D@mn.....hungry and thirsty now.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Thanks @jollygreenegg .  Yeah, I was feeling pretty good after both of these bottles, lol.  But the odd night at home with nothing going on, good food on the Egg and football on, I couldn't pass up the opportunity.  You're in a great location for craft beer!
    @northGAcock , that makes two of us.  Could go for another plate and beer right now.
    Steve 

• SmokingPiney
    Options
     Kabobs look great.................and now I want a cold frosty one......
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    Thanks @SmokingPiney , I just declared that I am done with this day and ready to leave the office and head home for the weekend.  A cold one would definitely be in order.
    Steve 

• johnl350
    Options
    Looking great. I really want one of those mini maxs
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    @johnl350 just do it!  The more time you spend thinking about it is less time you could be using it, lol! 
    Steve 

• otter
    otter Posts: 342
    Options
    Nice cook! How do you like the MMax? 
    I have a SBGE.....
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • YEMTrey
    Options
    @otter I really like my Mini Max.  It's a great compliment to my XL.  It's quick and fun to use.  I do wish it was a tad bit lighter, but after I take out the rig, stone and ring I can move it around pretty easily without a problem.  I love the mobility of taking it camping, to the lake, soccer tournaments, etc. 
    It's an amazing little Egg, just wish it was a little lighter.
    Steve 

• Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Nice kabobs and I really like the IPAs.  Sounds like an enjoyable evening.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • JDoubleH
    Options
    Thanks for the pic of the kabobs. I have had a LBGE for about 5 months now and have cooked quite the variety. I am considering the mini max for its quick cook capability and low consumption. It's just me and the wifey during the week and large take a bit to fire up, love it for low and slow though. How long is it taking you to get to 500 for steaks?