Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Max

Options
Contemplating adding one to the stable.  Whats the best pricing you guys and gals are finding out there?      
In the middle of Georgia!    Geaux Tigers!!!!!

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    In my city, $585 standard equipment only. I am interested in the responses you get here as well.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Depends on your area. I paid $600. If  you have multiple dealers in the area, you can probably bargain with them. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • tailg8ers
    Options
    If you have an Ace hardware or Town & Country - if they are having any kind of egg celebration as our local did last weekend - they had the mini max for $509 - best price seen - they essentially had all eggs 15% off for the weekend.  Otherwise they run about $590 in NC
    Cary, NC    LBGE & Mini Max
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    $499-$599 would be an average in these parts. 
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

$590 with plate setter back in june.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

$590 with plate setter back in june.

worth every penny.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

500 Posts: 3,177
    Options
    I think the prices are like Apple prices.  Always set.  But, there is a dealer in town that will always give me 15% off Egg supplies, because I keep coming back.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • CharleyR
    Options
    Chicago area Ace Hdwe - $595 plus ps.  I didn't haggle over price because they always give me a deal on accessories. 
    Large BGE 2013; Mini Max 2015; Adj Rig; DigiQ
    Ample supply of bourbon and cigars!
    Naperville, IL
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    $600 with ps, I get the frequent visitor discount as well
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• midwestsmoker
    Options
    Mine was free so I guess I can't help you but you will love it
  • firebike
    Options
    Got mine at Ace a couple months ago for $499. The other two Aces's near me were $599. Bought it before they changed their mind.
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    firebike said:
    Got mine at Ace a couple months ago for $499. The other two Aces's near me were $599. Bought it before they changed their mind.
    Nice. I wonder if they made a mistake on the price. 
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • A31unit
    A31unit Posts: 199
    Options
    I know this may be a strange question but I own a large egg and I am wondering what adding a minimax can do other than being a portable option.
    LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)
  • bo31210
    bo31210 Posts: 715
    Options
    A31unit said:
    I know this may be a strange question but I own a large egg and I am wondering what adding a minimax can do other than being a portable option.
    Portable but offers some flexibility on dual temp cooks for smaller times     Just my thoughts to try and justify in my mind buying one lol
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    A31unit said:
    Mine compliments the large for side dishes and apps, quick sears, it can serve as another cooking area for different cook temps, quick cooks like hot dogs, sausages or burgers.  It is awesome for camping, other campers may not think so when the 5 hour rib smell drifts there way though.  I love my MM, gets a tone of use as a side burner and primary grill.  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• A31unit
    A31unit Posts: 199
    Options
    Sure is a cool lookin little Egg!!
    LBGE. Plate setter, PS Woo2, Flame Boss 200.  Moorestown, South Jersey (about 15 min outside of Philly, Don't hold it against me.  I would most likely rather live where you are)
  • clifkincaid
    Options
    Since I get anything at cost I'll  leave the pain quiet =)
  • 1move
    1move Posts: 516
    Options
    I got mine for $500USD in Seattle, up here in Canada they run for about $750 to $799 Canadian. This was when the CDN was much closer to the USD
    XLBGE, MMBGE, CyberQ
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    $575, with place setter, 1 bag of BGE charcoal, and ash tool, in the stand.
    felt pretty good on the deal, Father's Day gift, from My Beautiful Wife.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    I'm seeing them used in the $350 range, is used a major concern since it's likely to see some steak searing in the future?
  • bo31210
    Options
    feef706 said:
    I'm seeing them used in the $350 range, is used a major concern since it's likely to see some steak searing in the future?
    Have had a few warranty claims with previous eggs so used isn't an option  :)
  • chrisc133
    Options
    Take a look at the Joe Jr.  A lot of guys on the forum have one. You can't go wrong with either, but I picked up the Jr. for $400
    Augusta, GA
    #BGETEAMGREEN member
    MiniMax, Large, XL BGE
    Featured on Man Fire Food Season 7
  • feef706
    feef706 Posts: 853
    Options
    bo31210 said:
    feef706 said:
    Have had a few warranty claims with previous eggs so used isn't an option  :)
    What kind of warranty claims have you experienced? I bought my LBGE used, just curious what may arise.
  • bo31210
    Options
    Couple of fire boxes.   Nothing unusual.  Just they have a tendency to crack over time. @feef706