Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

T-Rexing

Options
Canuck
Canuck Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm having a party this evening and want to serve T-Rex steaks. I've used this method before and don't think it can be beat, but onlt for 2-3 steaks at a time. My question is can I T-Rex 7-8 3/4 - 1lb NY Strip steaks on my Large at one time?[p]Thanks [p]Canuck

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Canuck,
    sure you can. . .i assume the are over 1 1/2 inches thick. . .if so, trex is perfect cause you can them pull the from the dwell to each person's preference. ..[p]trick will be the sear. .. .make sure your fire is really good and hot and completely covers your large egg grate. ...then put the steaks on. . .flip after 90 seconds in the same order you put them on to start with (to insure exactly 90 seconds for each steak). . .after the flip, pull them in the same order you put them on... again insuring 90 seconds per side ....let em rest for the requisite 20 minutes while you get your egg back down to 400 degrees. . .at this point they are all the same. ..put them back on in order of preference....those who want their steaks more done, put them in to dwell first, those that want rarer go back in last....if you are keeping good track, you should be able to pull all the steaks at the same time and serve them up to folks exactly how they want them. .. . you will be a big time hero!!!. .. . [p]good luck. ..let us know how it goes. ...[p]oh yea, i guess i missed my invite in the mail. ..what timeis dinner????? heee

• locolongball
    locolongball Posts: 414
    Options
    Canuck,[p]Max pretty much covered it! Have Fun tonight!
  • Canuck
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Thanks, this is exactly what I needed. And if your ever in the Atlanta area I'd be more than happy to T-Rex you up some steak. I appreciate all the help you've provided to me and other on this board. Maybe we'll get to meet at the next Atlanta Eggfest. [p]Canuck

• ronbeaux
    ronbeaux Posts: 988
    Options
    locolongball,
    He more than covered it! Now all I can think about is finding me some nice ones for tonight.

• Grillicious
    Grillicious Posts: 347
    Options
    Canuck, post a pic of the results. And somebody else needs to post a pic of 7-8 steaks being T-Rexed at the same time. It's coming up on the weekend and we need something to drool about! LOL

• Canuck
    Options
    Grillicious,[p]If I haven't consumed too many bottles of red wine before they're ready I'll try to remember to take some pics befor, during , and after they're done.