Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First meatloaf

Options
Did my first meatloaf on the egg for the wife and our best friend. Came out great!! Starting to get a feel for this egg cooking
Carrollton, Va

Comments

• Double Bogey
    Options
    Glad you had a successful cook. Meatloaf can take on so many different flavors depending on what ingredients you use.  And yes, the BGE works magic with most anything you put on it.  Nice looking egg you have there.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Chief9
    Chief9 Posts: 141
    Options
    Thanks dad @Double Bogey lol
    Carrollton, Va
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    You are welcome. Tonight I did hamburger steaks with beer braised onions and tomorrow meatloaf for us too.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    How do you like the wire pan?
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Chief9
    Options
    I like the pan, the meat had a great smoke flavor. I sprayed it pretty liberally with Pam and it released pretty easily. May buy a second one. 
    Carrollton, Va
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Looks great!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • itsmce
    itsmce Posts: 410
    Options
    I've never seen a wire loaf pan like that.  Where did you get it?  Maybe more important question for me would be, what did it take to clean it after the cook?
    Large (sometimes wish it were an XL) in KS
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Looks Great!, Try a Weave Next Time
    097.jpg 922.7K
    081.jpg 937.5K
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,894
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Chief9 said:
    I like the pan, the meat had a great smoke flavor. I sprayed it pretty liberally with Pam and it released pretty easily. May buy a second one. 
    I've had that same Brinkman wire loaf basket for years and love it in spite of the clean up chore. What I have found is besides the good spraying of PAM that soaking it overnight in hot soapy water  is the easiest. In the morning a stiff brush will make quick work of the clean up. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Darby_Crenshaw
    Options
    we have skipped the loaf pan altogether.  just form it and put it directly on the grid.  zero clean up.
    [social media disclaimer: irony and sarcasm may be used in some or all of user's posts; emoticon usage is intended to indicate moderately jocular social interaction; the comments toward users, their usernames, and the real people (living or dead) that they refer to are not intended to be adversarial in nature; those replying to this user are entering into a tacit agreement that they are real-life or social-media acquaintances and/or have agreed to or tacitly agreed to perpetrate occasional good-natured ribbing between and among themselves and others]

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Great looking meatloaf's.  It's one of our favorites.  I need to do another one or try a hamloaf.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Chief9
    Options
    @lkapigian that stuffed meatloaf looks great!  There was very little stuck to the basket, one of the rules in our house is whoever cooks doesn't do the cleanup, so I would have to ask the wife to be sure  I will take cooking over dishes any day!
    Carrollton, Va
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Chief9 said:
    @lkapigian that stuffed meatloaf looks great!  There was very little stuck to the basket, one of the rules in our house is whoever cooks doesn't do the cleanup, so I would have to ask the wife to be sure  I will take cooking over dishes any day!

Thanks @Chief9 Stuffed with Kraft Mac and Cheese with some Crumbled Bacon
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian